CK3510/4010 hp difference

/ CK3510/4010 hp difference #1  

Haldir00

Tractor
None...yet
Howdy, all. Tractor noob, but I'll be getting one in the near future. Looking forward to learning from all of you. I'm debating between the CK3510 HST and 4010 HST. The only difference I can tell between the two (according to the specs sheet in the downloadable brochure), is a few gross engine hp and PTO hp. Otherwise, they share the same engine and everything else. I'm no more a mechanic than I am a tractor guy. I've asked a Kioti dealer but have yet to receive a response, but in the meantime, I'll ask here. Will one of you smart folks please educate me on why the difference in hp when everything else, apparently, is the same? Is it tweaks to the engine or some such thing? Thank you and regards.

Last edited:
   / CK3510/4010 hp difference #2  
Howdy, all. Tractor noob, but I'll be getting one in the near future. Looking forward to learning from all of you. I'm debating between the CK3510 HST and 4010 HST. The only difference I can tell between the two (according to the specs sheet in the downloadable brochure), is a few gross engine hp and PTO hp. Otherwise, they share the same engine and everything else. I'm no more a mechanic than I am a tractor guy. I've asked a Kioti dealer but have yet to receive a response, but in the meantime, I'll ask here. Will one of you smart folks please educate me on why the difference in hp when everything else, apparently, is the same? Is it tweaks to the engine or some such thing? Thank you and regards.
I suspect they are getting a few more HP by using different injectors, my guess anyway. I considered the 4010 but ordered the 3510 (SE) for the two rear remotes. I have rarely found HP to be my over riding concern, especially in such a small amount. I had a Kubota L48, sold it and got a L3830 and for loader work, the L3830 had the gearing I needed. The L48 felt like I was pushing a 4X8 sheet of plywood regardless of what I was running the loader into.

/ CK3510/4010 hp difference #3  
I'm debating between the CK3510 HST and 4010 HST. The only difference I can tell between the two (according to the specs sheet in the downloadable brochure), is a few gross engine hp and PTO hp.

Different tune in the computer is likely all it is.

Before you worry about HP, figure out what implements you want to run. PTO driven implements to be specific. They will dictate what HP you need.

/ CK3510/4010 hp difference
Thanks to both for your responses. Sounds like the hp difference is in the tuning. I'm not worried about hp...I'm trying to understand why one would be different with no reason apparent (to me). For what I will be doing, the 3.5 hp difference won't make a difference.

/ CK3510/4010 hp difference #5  
Engine is the same physically, but the 4010 is calibrated for about 10% more power in the ecm programming.

The 4010 is a light weight tractor, so, in many instances the weight limits how much power can be delivered to the ground, even with a cab and loaded tires.