CK3520 in garage

/ CK3520 in garage #11  
Yet another reason why I like mid mounted ROPS. When folded, it doesn't interfere with hooking up implements, so I don't get to bang my head on it.

Not my tractor but an example:

433285617_2601527043339183_6073706817997611953_n.jpg

/ CK3520 in garage #12  
Hahah..cause it would be too easy..did you take your rollbar off as well?

I don't need to, I've got a CK; however, the NS 4710 caught my eye a while back, and one day I'll own one. Maybe the NS 4720 will have a proper fold to it. Of course, if we're one day-ing, I really like the NS cab.

It's a really nice machine, strong and simple. Comfortable.

/ CK3520 in garage #13  
Well, I already told the story of me leaving the ROPs up while parking 🤬, so it is a concern, but folded it fits under a 7'4" opening.

20240409_160958.jpg
20240409_161057.jpg

/ CK3520 in garage #14  
…needless to say that damn thing is not on my tractor..
I’m not sure if I’d feel comfortable doing that. Just like when I’m riding my HD in an area where helmets aren’t mandatory, I still wear it….because it’s obviously safer for me.
However, has anyone cut down/welded a rollbar to a reduced height that still provides operator safety?

/ CK3520 in garage #15  
If you cut it down, make sure its at least as high as your head and as wide as your fenders. Higher bars can be skinny in width, but shorter bar need to be wider in order to stop the rollover. Insert 'girth over length' joke here :LOL:

/ CK3520 in garage #16  
Don't cut down the rops. It's there to keep you alive and tractors are not the safest things. Come up with something that will force you to look before you drive all the way in. Hang something with bright ribbon on the bottom of the garage door that hits you in the face when you drive in. Then you'll remember to check a foot or two before the rops gets there.

/ CK3520 in garage #17  
The fears of tipping the tractor over are fair but I don't go on too off much off camber stuff with my tractor and if I do I am well aware of terrain and ready to jump..lol..I'm actually more scared of my zero turn lawnmower tipping..