Is this a scam? Classic Scam !!!

/ Classic Scam !!! #21  
When he responded with the location of the item I replied again by exclaiming how lucky I was to have a sister who lives in the very town where the item was located. I went on to tell him that I would have her go over and check the item out. If it was as advertised, I would be happy to pay him the full price even though he wouldn't have to ship the item as it was such a great deal!!! Surprise, surprise he never replied again.

I just did the same thing last week on an $8000 Kubota L5030. Silly dolt told me the tractor was in Burlington Vt, and here I am in NH. As luck would have it, my company has an office there, and many of my co-workers would be excited to check it out for me (all true, incidentally), so I asked for an address and could get someone over to see it the same day. I never heard back from the guy either....

/ Classic Scam !!! #22  
I just did the same thing last week on an $8000 Kubota L5030. Silly dolt told me the tractor was in Burlington Vt, and here I am in NH. As luck would have it, my company has an office there, and many of my co-workers would be excited to check it out for me (all true, incidentally), so I asked for an address and could get someone over to see it the same day. I never heard back from the guy either....

I had one tell me that he had a 2005 30HP Vermeer chipper with ~1500 hours for $2500. He clamied to be in MD, but it was "at a trucking terminal, ready to go" and that I couldn't really see it there.
I said that I had a friend that lived in the next big town over who was a trucker that owed me a favor and he could come and pick it up (saving the delivery fee). For some reason the seller never wrote back.

Aaron Z