Clutch housing drain confusion

/ Clutch housing drain confusion #1  

Bobcat CT445

Tractor
Bobcat CT445
I'm hoping someone can help me with a little confusion regarding the clutch housing drain. I have a 2010 CT445 SST tractor and today was the first time since I've had the tractor that I needed to do a 400 hr maintenance. I looked in the maintenance book for the drain plug locations for the Hydraulic oil, drained the oil, changed the filter and refilled it. Then I noticed at the 400 hr maintenance schedule they recommend pulling the clutch housing drain plug to drain any water that may have collected from washing, operating in snow etc. I found the plug location in the manual, crawled under the tractor and pulled the plug cautiously because it's in the middle of the Transmision and I was a bit confused by this. As I pulled it out it was fresh clean hydraulic fluid that came out, so I slapped the plug back in. So, my question would be, is this a miss print in the manual? it specifically says in the manual in parentheses (SST). This plug is not listed in the book as a drain plug for the hydraulic fluid. hoping someone may have a little knowledge of this and can explain it to me, thanks.

/ Clutch housing drain confusion #2  
The plug in the clutch housing (which SHOULD be dry, by the way) is right up front close the the point where the housing mates with the engine backing plate. It appears in service manual to be quite a bit smaller than the magnetic drain plug shown for the transmission case. That one looks to be back about 8 or 10 inches or so from the smaller one.

/ Clutch housing drain confusion
Harry in ky, so it's a miss print in the manual? The manual shows a picture with an arrow clearly pointing to the large drain plug in the middle directly under your feet if sitting in the seat.

Attachments

• 20230708_140403.jpg
    20230708_140403.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 54
   / Clutch housing drain confusion #4  
Misprint? I would say so. I was looking at a PDF of the Kioti service manual on the same tractor in Kioti orange. It clearly shows two plugs on the diagram for the clutch housing, a large one under the gear section and what appears to be another at the very front. The smaller one looks like it might be 8, 10, or maybe even 12mm. Right under the tunnel for the front axle drive shaft.

Apparently there is a number of mis prints. Even though the plug I'm referring to is painted orange it is not shown as a drain plug for the hydraulics. It's supposed to hold 13.7 gallons and I only drained out about 12-12.5 gallons, obviously that plug likely would have drained the remaining oil.

I'll have to look for the clutch housing drain tomorrow.

Found the clutch housing drain plug, approximately 6" in front of the plug the manual shows to be the drain plug. Takes a 9/16" wrench and is right behind the cross member. The manual is definitely a miss print.