Clutch pedal on hydrostat

/ Clutch pedal on hydrostat #11  
Re: TN 90F tractor facts

9/15
[Hmmm, RickB's level of discourse is pretty impressive, unregistered though he is. Could he be a...DEALER /w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif? Hope so because we need more of those guys on here].

Who said the thread was dead?

The nfo I gathered before answering the clutch question (and long ago, sorry if my recollections are hazy) indicated that most newer tractors, NH and others, are moving toward the more electrical than mechanical clutch arrangement. Hemispheres (don't you like Italian machinery /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif?) and Ag vs compact issues aside, a recent conversation with the area NH service rep reinforced that general impression. But I may have misunderstood and he could have been only talking about Ag stuff. Specifics I leave to the bettah infawmed like RickB (Dealer! Dealer! Dealer! /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif).

Obviously I am no tractor tech expert, and neither are most of the folks on here. We're just a higher breed of users (esp those PE's amongst us) with a lot of curiosity. And many have a great deal of experience, very impressive. So it is interesting to hear more about what is going on with technology. Some of it has or will make our tractors more useful and reliable. Some of it, I'm not sure about, esp that driven by cost pressures rather than a desire for improvement.

Yesterday my wife & I visited "Field Day of the Past", held every year in my county, see the rudimentary page on it
http://members.aol.com/Past29643/index.html/
I would estimate the total crowd at thousands. Much we saw was antique stuff, steam engines, old sawmill demos, antique tractors, etc, but almost every area heavy equipment dealer was there, too (Cat, JD, Bobcat, NH, Case, Link-Belt and more), a feast for young and old alike.

At the Britain-based JCB dealer's "pavillion", there was an impressive display of "backhoe dancing" by their factory guy. He made an 8 ton TLB look like a trained elephant and did everything but turn it upside down (hmmm, our Del could have helped him with that /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif.

While hanging out there, I looked at a small construction backhoe (only 52 grand). The thing had four wheel articulated steering (like the later Z cars from Nissan), too. Tres-/w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif

And a side-shifting 12 ft digging, chest thumping...hoe, and a loader that could lift another backhoe, etc, etc [tim taylor sounds].../w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/mad.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/mad.gif....

Guess what it has on the gearshift lever? A clutch BUTTON /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif. Nothing on the floor, just press that button while moving the shifter and you're good to go from gear to gear with brother Perkins.

Small world. And a big thanks to RickB for contributing (one of many to come, I hope),

Jim