Come to Texas and drive with this lady on the road

/ Come to Texas and drive with this lady on the road #11  
Thank goodness my dad worked undercover, and didn't have to deal with such a mess! Of course, his undercover work, gave me a better insight into life and such. I thank God every day, that I learned from someone who had truly been there, before was even thought about!

/ Come to Texas and drive with this lady on the road #12  
Thank goodness my dad worked undercover, and didn't have to deal with such a mess! Of course, his undercover work, gave me a better insight into life and such. I thank God every day, that I learned from someone who had truly been there, before was even thought about!

My kids always told me "being a cops kid sucked" but now that they are older they say " now I know why you always said no!" But then I'm also a thick headed Italian

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ Come to Texas and drive with this lady on the road #13  
Maybe being a girl was different, but I learned a lot from my dad, the good, and the bad about the world. I was close enough to him, my entire life, that I understood what he was trying to teach me, and also learned independence from a fairly early age. I would not take a million bucks for what he taught me about life, and what to "look out for".

/ Come to Texas and drive with this lady on the road
I don't think my brother has had a license for almost 10 years, maybe longer. Years ago when his license came up for renewal, he had to go in to get it replaced and take an eye test. His vision was really bad and still is in one eye. He just never renewed his license. His wife has never had a license and drives also. I think their car is registered in their daughter's name to get around all that. I don't ask much because I don't want to know much. One of these days they'll have an accident and the fit will hit the shan. Mostly they drive locally, but on occasion, they drive as far as 25 miles one way. Every time my brother talks about coming to see me, I just cringe. He's starting to have serious memory issues and would probably end up lost and maybe in an accident.

/ Come to Texas and drive with this lady on the road #15  
Jim, unless they've changed the law and/or departmental policies, he just might have a valid reason for doing that. It used to be that if you got caught driving without a drivers license, you just got a ticket, but if you got caught driving with a suspended or revoked license, you went to jail. So years ago, I've known people who deliberately did not want a drivers license, even though they drove all the time.

Of course, in current times you probably could not get auto insurance without a drivers license and some departments impound the vehicle if you're caught driving without liability insurance. So that's a good reason for him to have his car registered in their daughter's name.

/ Come to Texas and drive with this lady on the road
Bird, what worries me is not the ticket, but that he'll have an accident and hurt someone. If he damages someone's car, I doubt that liability insurance would pay for it since he hasn't had a driver's license in a long time. His memory is getting so bad that he can't even remember the names of garden vegetables. He knows what they are and how to fix them, but can't remember their names. I'm not sure he could even tell someone his address or telephone number if he was in an accident and got shook up and disoriented.

/ Come to Texas and drive with this lady on the road #17  
Yeah, I understand, Jim, and I'll admit that I don't know the solution. Some old folks decide for themselves to quit driving, and some are forced to quit by their children, while others continue until they seriously hurt themselves or someone else.