Compact tractor 1540 tipsy... is this the norm for small tractors

/ Compact tractor 1540 tipsy... is this the norm for small tractors #11  
My Kubota B2650 has loaded tires, wheel spacers, and I am using a landscape blade on rear. Seems very top heavy so I keep bucket low and drive very slow across the ground.

/ Compact tractor 1540 tipsy... is this the norm for small tractors
The problem you are having is what you are used to! The tools you work with all day are for one purpose and that is digging while the tractor you have is for much more. There are ways to make the tractor more stable to it's full limits although it will limit your ability to do other jobs. Ballast is critical to success of operation in all chores, some require it, some don't. To weight your tractor for loader work would be bad for lawn work and other possible tasks.

Ok sound like this is normal and not tractor specific. Will get a ballast box for the back and carry low.

/ Compact tractor 1540 tipsy... is this the norm for small tractors #13  
fact that front axle pivots also plays a big role.

some guys prefer to lift heavy from the back end, but then steering becomes an issue.

/ Compact tractor 1540 tipsy... is this the norm for small tractors #14  
My lot is very uneven, wooded, rocky and full of hazards. Turns were the worst, always had that butt-clenching feeling when making a turn on a slight grade to get around an obstacle with a load in the bucket, or even without. I ordered a set of Bro-Tek Wheel spacers (there are several manufacturer's that make & offer them) and installed them this very afternoon in about an hour. Very happy with the results. Tractor feels 100% more stable. I put 1-1/4" spacers on the front and 3" on the back. World of difference. Easy install. Stress level is greatly reduced. If your land isn't perfectly level and open, wheel spacers are must-have safety gear. They are not cheap, but far less costly than what could happen if the tractor goes over. Not sure why some of the thumbnails are sideways, when you open the photo they appear to be right-side-up.

IMG_1376.JPG

IMG_1377.JPG

IMG_1378.JPG

/ Compact tractor 1540 tipsy... is this the norm for small tractors #15  
All good comments. Every tractor with a loader is vulnerable to tipping -- it is just physics of how high the load raises the center of gravity and how much of a slope you are on (or dynamics of moving in an arc or curve.) That said, I have 3 size tractors with loaders and the smallest (BX2200) is by far the most likely to become tipsy. I think it is a combo of light tractor weight, narrow wheel spacing (left right) and relatively long armed loader compared to the wheel spacing. I have seen where my own weight was a factor on the BX2200 and watched the tractor tip up slightly off the ground on one rear side. They guys are right: Just keep your load as low as you can, don't do sudden movements, especially turns, and stay off lateral slopes when carrying a load. Of course the rear implement weight helps a bunch be it an implement or a ballast. If it bugs you a lot, by far the biggest thing you can do is move the rear wheels further apart. Your brain is your biggest protector !

Exactly and that includes excavation equipment too. I can get my friend's Michigan quarry loader 'tipsy' too if I get into something with the corner of the bucket thats heavy, like a big boulder and it's worse up there...high up.

Both my Kubota's (M9 and 105) have loaders and both loaders will lift more than the tractors are capable of dealing with and both have cast iron weight discs on the rears. More than once, I've felt the pucker factor' as the rear end came off terra firma and I dropped the load real quick like. Little or big don't matter, least from my experience.

I can handle two 4 xx 5 round bales on the double spears on the 105 out front, but I better have one on the rear spear as well.... (my ballast box so to speak).