Comparing tractors

/ Comparing tractors #1  

CZLawnCare

Tractor
John Deere 216, Weed Eater One
Ok I'm stuck between these two tractors an old jd 216 1 cyl 16hp in mint condition with no deck for $350or an old jd 116 2 cyl 16hp (a little beaten up) with no deck but a plow for $425 please see the pictures and reply with which one is a better buy. please reply!
P.S I'm only using the tractors to pull a little trailer with a mower, weed wacker, and blower.
Thanks,
Chris.

Attachments

• JD 216-1.jpeg
    JD 216-1.jpeg
    72.4 KB · Views: 173
  • JD 216-2.jpeg
    JD 216-2.jpeg
    82.6 KB · Views: 189
  • JD 116-1.jpeg
    JD 116-1.jpeg
    94.1 KB · Views: 185
  • JD 116-2.jpeg
    JD 116-2.jpeg
    74.5 KB · Views: 189
   / Comparing tractors #2  
If you won't have any use for the front plow in the future, then why not choose the other that is in better shape? Good Luck in regards to your decision.

/ Comparing tractors #3  
The 216 is a lot better tractor from looking at the pictures and more heavy duty. It already has wheel weights and they aren't cheap.
The 116 looks beat up a little with cracks in the fiberglass. A blade would be useless unless you had a lot of weight on the 116 and if you actually needed a blade for the 216, they aren't all that expensive.
Go with the 216 in my opinion.

/ Comparing tractors #4  
My dad had a 116 many years ago. I was not impressed. It ran fine, and mowed pretty well, but the traction on it was horrible. I'm not sure you could put enough weights on it to make it push ok. I'd go with the 216.

/ Comparing tractors #5  
The 216 is a LOT more pulling tractor than the 116, also cheaper and appears to be in much better condition. Easy choice!

/ Comparing tractors #6  
I'm an original owner of a John Deere 210. I've been pleased with the machine. I've used it mainly for mowing, I also have the tiller for it as well. We have the heavy clay soils and unless the ground has already been worked the tiller will push the machine around.

The only thing I would consider is the age of the machine. For most parts there is no problem obtaining them. However, I've got a problem with the variable speed mechanism, and the part I need is no longer available. I'm sure that I will be able to find it somewhere just not at the dealer. The machine still works just can't adjust the speed any longer.

Like I said great machine for being about 30 years old.

/ Comparing tractors #7  
I gave away a 116 this fall. I kept it as a "slow-cart" for the kids to drive. My years of experience using the 116 to mow the lawn is that machine with the blade would not be able to push a hen off it's nest.