Concrete pad on sloping ground

/ Concrete pad on sloping ground #21  
If you live in a freezing zone you might want to get some air entraining agent if you are mixing yourself...

/ Concrete pad on sloping ground #22  
Nice job on the forms and rod. This should make you a very good pad.

/ Concrete pad on sloping ground #23  
Thanks for the advice!

I'll be mixing the concrete with a mixer I picked up for my TC-30, so I should only have to deal with the weight twice - unloading it from the trailer and dumping it into the mixer. However, I'll definitely ask on the price of the 60 lb bags.

I had a bit of time to work on it this weekend and snapped a couple of pictures.

View attachment 362307

The ground is pretty hard and dry here with a lot of caliche, and driving in 2x4s is pretty much out of the question; on the plus side, the ground doesn't crack. The T-posts seem to hold well, although I'll have to cut them off at the top in order to get the mixer in there.

View attachment 362308

I finished the first level of rebar and am adding a partial second level no higher than 3" below the top of the form. I'll probably add a bit of gravel to the bottom of the footer, as I made it a few inches deeper than I needed to.

Since everything is overkill already, you could just put the second layer of rod in after pouring the concrete. Just take a shovel and push it in about 3"s deep right after pouring. Easier to form and pour it this way.

Jeff

/ Concrete pad on sloping ground #24  
It may just be the picture but, are your forms level?

The picture makes it look waaaay off. A 1/4" drop along the 5' length would be more than plenty for a slab that size and really not necessary.

/ Concrete pad on sloping ground
It may just be the picture but, are your forms level?

The picture makes it look waaaay off. A 1/4" drop along the 5' length would be more than plenty for a slab that size and really not necessary.

I don't think they're far off, probably just the photo and bad angle. I laid a straight edge across and then a level on the straight edge. The bubble is between the lines, but probably sitting on one line. Easy enough to check again.