Consensus on replacing 2305 transmisision cooling fan

/ Consensus on replacing 2305 transmisision cooling fan #1  

newbomb_turk

Tractor
JD 2305
Reading multiple threads, it looks to me like the easiest way to replace this fan is by removing the large MMM bar and then taking apart the rear u-joint next to the fan. I hit a stick with my 2305 today, and appear to have bent the fan blades. None of them actually broke, but now they are rubbing on this MMM bar. The fan is actually quite flexible.

It may actually 'self-correct' and only rubs while idling, up to about 1500 RPM. Above that, the fan actually flexes back away from the bar and no longer rubs.

Crappy fan design -- I have to agree. Surprised I went three years without ruining it.

/ Consensus on replacing 2305 transmisision cooling fan #2  
I ran mine over 200 hrs with the fan shattered, and had no issues.
If yours is working, don't worry about it. You will likely manage to destroy it rather soon! :mad:

/ Consensus on replacing 2305 transmisision cooling fan #3  
If the blades are not broken, I might think about using a heat gun to heat and bend the blades before they break from rubbing on something.

/ Consensus on replacing 2305 transmisision cooling fan #4  
I don't know how long the fan on my 2210 was broken before I discovered it, all the blades were missing. After reading how several people had great difficulty in changing it, I did this:
I cut the fan in half on the bandsaw, leaving 2 bolt holes in each half. I bolted the two halfs on about four years ago and it still has all the blades.

/ Consensus on replacing 2305 transmisision cooling fan #5  
furone - Did you have to do the drive shaft bearings on your 2210? I also have a 2210 and with 420 hours on mine, have not done it yet. And am scared that some day, I'm going to have to.