Considering 2520

/ Considering 2520 #1  

gunmaker

Gold Member
Tractor
jd 1025r / x750
New guy...love this site! I've learned more here than from most of the dealers I've talked to.
Like the 2520 alot, seems to have the best combination of engine, hydraulics, size, and capabilities for my needs. I am also considering the 2305, but the dealer says 19995 for the 2305 w/fel&bh, or 22100 for the 2520 w/fel&bh.
the 2520 is more tractor than I need, but the 2305 doesn't quite have the 'mo power' that I want. What have others found pricewise,etc.?

/ Considering 2520 #2  
I stopped by my JD dealers yesterday, and drove a 2520. They had two on the lot. I found the 4wd lever to be in an odd place compared to my BX. There were also some cables hanging down that worried me a bit for use in the woods, or brushy fields. I found the tractor to be nimble, and very comfortable. I picked up some literature on the 2320 while I was there as well. I noticed that there was a dial to set the cut height of the mower, and that the 54c on ramp mower deck was available for the 2320 as well. They said they would have one the first week in May. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Considering 2520
Wish I could find one to test drive, dealer can't keep them in stock. Best I've been able to do is look at the pictures others have posted here.

/ Considering 2520 #4  
Hey guys... for those who can't find one to look at. Post me your email here. I'll check back and forward several pics I have. I took them when I was out of town and happened to run accross a 2520 before I ordered mine. They may be a little helpful.... Good luck shopping... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Considering 2520 #6  
pics sent...

/ Considering 2520
Thanks for taking the time to send them all. My wife says she likes this one! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
I've been nearly convinced to switch from turfs to r4's on the new tractor. Have used turfs for 15 yrs w/minimal problems. Any reason why you stuck w/turfs?

/ Considering 2520 #9  
Glad they were of some use /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Regarding the R4's... There's A LOT of debate on tires and for me the R3's just make more sense. My machine will be a 90% mowing machine most years. I found R4's on my 2210 terrific tires for loader and heavy work. However, less impressive than I hoped in the snow and on hills when mowing. The R3's have a very nice tread pattern that really do well when you need the traction... I'm thrilled with the R3's.

Keep us posted on your decision... /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Considering 2520 #10  
Pics sent Rogator...