Cool Video :JD vs. Kubota Cabs

/ Cool Video :JD vs. Kubota Cabs #21  
Bedlam said:
My cab is custom. Plywood, and used aluminum windows,drywal screws(pultipurpose threaded fastners) duck tape,used door hinges and some cheap plexiglass. No heat or ac and plenty of gaps everywhere but sure beats the snow and rain coming in.
Total cost..with paint, 23 dollars.
Al

C'mon man...no way can you make a post like this and not include a photo. Please post one. I can't wait to see this. My employess have often ragged me for making repairs or mods they call "ghetto", but they work.

/ Cool Video :JD vs. Kubota Cabs #22  
MessickFarmEqu said:
Kubota did that same test at the least dealer meeting... wadda ya know - the Deere totally filled with smoke. Really, its a ploy - both tractors have rather nice cabs.

You are just biased!!!! hahahaha (sorry, I had to start with that)
This is pretty simple, forget the cabs. Just look at what my JD will lift compared to any other tractors. I can lift approx. 8-9 tons, where the Bota (comparative model) is only rated to lift 125 LBS. (I know this because I read another test these guys did.

/ Cool Video :JD vs. Kubota Cabs #23  
Ok. here are a few of it. There is also a door that is sililiar to the side panel, but huinges on the loader frame. and I added an auto closer on it also. Its a low cab to fit into basement...

Last edited:
   / Cool Video :JD vs. Kubota Cabs #24  
Bedlam, you might be able to mass market that puppy! Just call it a retro, woody style!

/ Cool Video :JD vs. Kubota Cabs #25  
the materials? Well 1/2 inch plywood for the roof, (leftovers)The side glass is a section of used aluminum wondows, and I also used plexi that was from the 'dump' I did buy the front windshield piece (I wanted it to be free of scratches.)Its very basic, and there are many "leaks" and I now thing that was a good idea , as I dont experience fogging.
When I push past a pine tree with snow weighting it down, It takes care of most of it, but some snow comes in and gets me wet. But I just remember before when I didnt have any protection, and its much better.
It serves its purpose.
I agree, if I were to have to spend alot of time in it it would be better with heat. I ran one at work that had a full heated cab and I never used a coat. And I try not to wear one in my cab either. makes it alot easier moving ..
I think its an easy project for anyone to do, once they get past the stage of thinking its gonna look mickey mouse.And it helps to have lots of scrape material around.I have used alot of left over rubber roof material that a friend was tossing out.
You never know what is junk and what isnt untill you haul it off to the dump or junk yard. Then you find that your wanting a certain thing that youve tossed. Always the way...Im not sure how many have made their own cab, but maybe it could be another post.
Allan