Correct info on TNs

/ Correct info on TNs #1  

Poncho

Gold Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson 431
Hey guys.... anybody got the real skinny on the future of the TN55? I've actually been looking at one real strong to replace my MF135. I've got one dealer that says the TN55 will be replaced with a TN60 and another that says they will only have a TN65/70/75. Supposedly they are supposed to have the letter designation as "A". I think NH has done a great job on the design and creature comforts. I'm planning on getting the TN55(60?) in FWD will FEL.

/ Correct info on TNs #2  
Can't answer all your questions but do not buy with/have installed the TN 55 and loader if it has FWD. The FWD front axle will not handle constant/hard FEL use. I don't know if the 60 has an improved axle or not.

/ Correct info on TNs #3  
New lineup is the TN 60-A, 70-A and 75-A

The 60-A is the TN 55 and 65 replacement. They merged the two numbers from the 55 and 65 but the TN 60-A is the same as the TN 65 and should have the exact same real numbers as the current 65's but with the new looks and any other revisions they decide to toss in. I would not look at a TN 55 as a TN 65 was only a few hundred dollars more and you get a lot more over the 55.

/ Correct info on TNs #4  
I just want to second what Robert has said. The TN55 had weaker front end components and reduced loader capacity compared to the TN65,70,75 models. All the new models appear to have the stronger front end. There was some discussion earlier on the board, that you could easily turn a TN55 into a 65, but this is not the case becuase the TN 55 does not share all the chassis components.

Andy