cost of repairing a hydro drive transmission

/ cost of repairing a hydro drive transmission #1  

72chevy4x4

Bronze Member
Tractor
John Deere 3038e
On a Kubota 2710hst, which has a 27hp 4cylinder diesel and a three speed hydrostatic drive, does anyone know/quess as to the cost of repair? The low and medium speeds work as expected, but the high speed feels like it's not catching (lack of power). Guess it could be driven aroudn in L and M, but H is needed at times too :) Is there any chance of damaging these drives by running too fast and carrying/pulling/mowing too much of a load for long periods of time (or any other reason you can think of they would fail)?

/ cost of repairing a hydro drive transmission #2  
72chevy4x4 said:
On a Kubota 2710hst, which has a 27hp 4cylinder diesel and a three speed hydrostatic drive, does anyone know/quess as to the cost of repair? The low and medium speeds work as expected, but the high speed feels like it's not catching (lack of power). Guess it could be driven aroudn in L and M, but H is needed at times too :) Is there any chance of damaging these drives by running too fast and carrying/pulling/mowing too much of a load for long periods of time (or any other reason you can think of they would fail)?

High has enough power to travel on a smooth road with no uphill to it. Some tractors are better then others. My KubotaL48 was terrible in high range other then road travel. On the otherhand, my L3830 does very well. My dealer told me that if they ever get a bad HST transmission in, the manufactuer (Kubota) recommends they simply order a factory rebuilt and install it rather then repair the old one.

/ cost of repairing a hydro drive transmission #3  
Chevy

The L-M-H is not done in the HST. It is done in (I think) the mid-case. If it's not grinding or slipping out of gear and into N, then I don't think those steel gears are the problem. If the L and M work as expected, the HST is probably ok too. Maybe an oil flow issue, a faulty pressure relief or even dragging brakes. (Pure guess).

You may have a clogged filter or inlet screen. Do the simple things first, then go deeper.

jb

/ cost of repairing a hydro drive transmission #4  
HST H gear is for moving on the road with no load.
Bob

/ cost of repairing a hydro drive transmission #5  
Can you tell if it is engaging in high? I read post where this problem was a linkage adjustment. In that case the HST was fine, just that the lever never made it all the way and H was never engaged.

/ cost of repairing a hydro drive transmission #6  
What? An HST tranny with a problem? Surely you jest... (grin)

Soundguy

72chevy4x4 said:

/ cost of repairing a hydro drive transmission #7  
Soundguy said:
What? An HST tranny with a problem? Surely you jest... (grin)

Soundguy

You can only hope! Maybe it's just a worn clutch...... NOT!

Last edited: