Could our small farm go all electric?

/ Could our small farm go all electric?
Wow! Even more impressive. MSRP on the newest Polaris Ranger EV (basic, plain version) is about $14k. I'd definitely consider it strongly over a Polaris if I was buying new. My only worry would be dealer network/support/long-term parts availability.

I agree on the dealer issue, the closest to my place 350+ miles away. I checked where I had seen 12k, and found it is a 3 year old article and was then actually quoted as $12,999 for the EV, $999 for the gasser and $13,000 for the diesel. I will contact the company to get the current prices if I can't find them.

/ Could our small farm go all electric?
I agree on the dealer issue, the closest to my place 350+ miles away. I checked where I had seen 12k, and found it is a 3 year old article and was then actually quoted as $12,999 for the EV, $999 for the gasser and $13,000 for the diesel. I will contact the company to get the current prices if I can't find them.

OK, found a dealer who has the following. Seems the Intimidator EV is the same price as the Polaris EV:

•Single Cab 750cc Gas Starts at $10,999

•Single Cab 800cc Gas Starts at $12,799

•Single Cab 1000cc Diesel Starts at $14,299

•Single Cab 30HP 48V Electric Starts at $13,999

/ Could our small farm go all electric? #53  
I have a retired Telco engineer friend and he put in his own solar arrays, has an all electric house and has a Nissan leaf and electric mower.

He turned 80 last year and everyday he is out and about... generates all of his power needs with net metering.

I asked him if it was worth the cost... he did his own install with a helper.

He said he would do it again... just from the satisfaction it brings and the notoriety... lots of visitors coming to take a look...

We also installed our PV DIY. Our utility doesn't offer net metering so our break even point is about 16 years (assuming constant cost of electric power) but I always wanted it. If we would have net metering we would get paid or at least have zero electric bill. From all energy sources (beside utility) PV is the easiest and cheapest to install (especially if your state or utility allows DIY) and has high reliability and is more or less maintenance free. Even if the utility doesn't offer net metering you can make your energy and store it as heat. Here is an example:
Storage heating: Overview
Solar: Overview
Nutzung erneuerbarer bzw. regenerativer Energien

Last edited:
   / Could our small farm go all electric? #54  
Wow! Extreme weather. Not! Don't get me started on the global warming hoax, oops, climate change now that the warming part has been totally proven as a non event. Much easier to convince the sheepell that the climate is going to change for the worse.....

What about global ocean temperatures: Rising, falling, or stable? Oh ****, there goes the thread...