Cracked frame

/ Cracked frame #1  

Brian2665

Tractor
Mahindra 2665 cab
I have a 2665 that the axle support frame cracked. I took it to the local dealer and they contacted mahindra and they said it was from abuse. This thing looks like new and has not been beat. I’m the only one that operates it.
It’s sad to have a warranty and they won’t stand by it. It is tym built and obviously there is a casting issue. Has anyone else have this problem?

/ Cracked frame #3  
Yes pics please.

Do you use the FEL to the full 3000 lb weight rating often? Also, If you do work the FEL hard and heavy, do you have a good heavy counterweight on the 3 point?

How many hours on the tractor?

/ Cracked frame
Tires are loaded and use box scraper for weight. I just had the frame replaced but they saved my old one.as soon as I get it I will take pictures and show how that there is a weak point in the design in the casting.

/ Cracked frame
Yes pics please.

Do you use the FEL to the full 3000 lb weight rating often? Also, If you do work the FEL hard and heavy, do you have a good heavy counterweight on the 3 point?

How many hours on the tractor?

This is my 3rd mahindra upgrade my first one was a 2515 and put a 1000 hours on it then i bought a 4035 and put 800 hours on that as well. My 2665 has 600 hours on it. I’ve used these all the same even if I use close to 3000lbs a lot the frame should never give.at that point they might as well drop the rating to 2500lbs in the hydraulics if the frame can’t handle it. I tried to have it welded but being cast is hard and didn’t hold

/ Cracked frame #6  
This is my 3rd mahindra upgrade my first one was a 2515 and put a 1000 hours on it then i bought a 4035 and put 800 hours on that as well. My 2665 has 600 hours on it. I’ve used these all the same even if I use close to 3000lbs a lot the frame should never give.at that point they might as well drop the rating to 2500lbs in the hydraulics if the frame can’t handle it. I tried to have it welded but being cast is hard and didn’t hold

Sounds Good, I agree it should not have broken, Did they end up warranting it ?
Also agree a machine should be able to meet the ratings.

jmo a front axle cradle that is cast should be as good or better than a welded assembly, and given a choice would be preferable.

Good luck on the repair.

At one time I almost bought a new 5530 "30" series.
Still convinced it would have been a great choice.

/ Cracked frame #7  
Are they casting frames now rather than welding them? One can control material thickness better when casting, but quality control must be perfect.

/ Cracked frame
Are they casting frames now rather than welding them? One can control material thickness better when casting, but quality control must be perfect.

They are casting frames when I pick it up I will takes pictures

/ Cracked frame
Sounds Good, I agree it should not have broken, Did they end up warranting it ?
Also agree a machine should be able to meet the ratings.

jmo a front axle cradle that is cast should be as good or better than a welded assembly, and given a choice would be preferable.

Good luck on the repair.

At one time I almost bought a new 5530 "30" series.
Still convinced it would have been a great choice.

They would not warranty it

/ Cracked frame #10  
They are casting frames when I pick it up I will takes pictures
They would not warranty it
They likely complained about your previous attempt to repair the frame. Yet, it was broken before the repair attempt.

Did the company have a theory about what happened? Did you concur?

There is a difference between casting and forging. So, your indestructible steel wrenches that are 50 years old were forged.

If you don't believe that you were at fault. Then get your tractor back. Keep the receipts. Then complain bloody hell to everyone who will listen.

Perhaps you can determine grain structure some distance from the area you attempted to weld.