Craftsman Ride On Lawn Tractor Wont Start

/ Craftsman Ride On Lawn Tractor Wont Start
Update:
I got the new switch in the mail. This time I ordered it by part number. Even though it had a light symbol instead of the blade lockout symbol, it started right up! Tractor runs just fine with the exception of the blade lockout. Even when the switch is in the second position (lights or blade lockout) I can稚 go backwards w/ the mower running. But that doesn稚 really matter to me.

Thanks for everybody痴 help &input, I really appreciate it!
Tg24

/ Craftsman Ride On Lawn Tractor Wont Start #42  
Some of the earlier MTD mowers with that reverse interlock system wouldn't operate if the headlights didn't work. That could be a possible reason for your reverse problems if your mower was made by MTD.

/ Craftsman Ride On Lawn Tractor Wont Start
Some of the earlier MTD mowers with that reverse interlock system wouldn't operate if the headlights didn't work. That could be a possible reason for your reverse problems if your mower was made by MTD.

Not sure whether my machine was made by MTD or not, but the headlights don't work as the wires got a little too close to the hot engine the one time. Ill replace the wires sometime and see. Thanks for saying!

/ Craftsman Ride On Lawn Tractor Wont Start #44  
Update:
I got the new switch in the mail. This time I ordered it by part number. Even though it had a light symbol instead of the blade lockout symbol, it started right up! Tractor runs just fine with the exception of the blade lockout. Even when the switch is in the second position (lights or blade lockout) I can稚 go backwards w/ the mower running. But that doesn稚 really matter to me.

Thanks for everybodyç—´ help &input, I really appreciate it!
Tg24
Good to see things worked out for you.

Kinda forgot about this tread...