Crazy no-start episode

/ Crazy no-start episode
That just doesn't make sense. Are you sure that the fuse it for the rear lights? You didn't mention if you reinstalled the fuse and the issue returned. I assume the lights are controlled by a switch and if the switch was off the problem would be between the fuse that the switch. For that circuit to load down the entire electrical system and not blow the fuse is confusing. Is that fuse possibly close to a main fuse that maybe there's a loose connection on the underside of the fuse box and moving the fuse cause it to make contact? Please keep us undated on this because it's areal gem.
Today, I operated the tractor and got same issue-no electric (except starter and 4 way flashers). Fuse in or fuse out. Fuel pump no work ie, either. So she won’t start.

Beginning to think the act of pulling the 20A rear work lights fuse made something move and it started?

Anyway….Today-nothing. I’m like OMG.
Then I cycled the key a few times and the AC and gauge pods came to life. Thank the Lord it did, cause we had a lot of hay to get baled up.

Haven’t had time to dig into it, but now wondering if key switch or??? something else.

/ Crazy no-start episode #14  
Since it's a cab model the ignition switch isn't really exposed to the elements but probably I'd probably try spraying some electrical contact cleaner in the switch. Can"t lose anything but a few dollars and minutes.

/ Crazy no-start episode #16  
What are the condition of the batteries? Load test them. In this case it’s probably not the battery unless the tractor has a lot of computer controls. I’ve had weird electrical problems with a weak battery. I agree with others, probably a short somewhere.

/ Crazy no-start episode
What are the condition of the batteries? Load test them. In this case it’s probably not the battery unless the tractor has a lot of computer controls. I’ve had weird electrical problems with a weak battery. I agree with others, probably a short somewhere.
They are new as of 10/21.
However, the batteries died because I left the baler monitor on for 3 days. Most are auto-shut off, but for some odd reason, this one just stays on eternally.

Funny episode on Saturday. My windshield wipers ceased working, front and rear.
We were baling into early evening and it began raining. The front wiper magically started working. Rear wipe no workie

I think I have electrical system gremlins, but I don't get freaked out about accessories not working, unless it’s AC and it’s 100* LOL

/ Crazy no-start episode #18  
A dead short should blow the fuse. I'd use a test light at the fuse to see if the light circuit is drawing current.

Last edited:
   / Crazy no-start episode #19  
With the weird seemingly unrelated problems happening I would clean every ground I could find.