Criteria on Hydros

/ Criteria on Hydros
jinman said:
On New Holland's Class III Boomers with HST, the pushbutton option is partially used. There is a button for these transmissions that changes the swashplate in the hydraulic motor between 9º and 15º by a solenoid and hydraulic actuation. The Hydro pedal changes the angle of the swashplate in the pump only. Still, to provide enough range in the transmission, there are two gear ranges that have to be shifted manually. It would be nice to not to have to stop to be able to shift between the Hi range and Lo range.

is this "Dual Power" you are talking about??

/ Criteria on Hydros #22  
marco88 said:
is this "Dual Power" you are talking about??

Hmm...I think New Holland does call the "rabbit-turtle" button "Dual Power." What I mean by Dual "Mode" is the ability to switch between HST or Gears as an option, like two transmissions in the same case. I'm not sure whether you could get them side-by-side, maybe one in front of the other. I do know that the PTO on my HST tractor is driven by a separate shaft from the hydro transmission. There are lots of possibilities for someone with the right ability and motivation.

/ Criteria on Hydros #23  
marco88 said:
interesting reply...so i understand what jinman said that technologies like supersteer or other are not really needed by everyone but how about a system where you can shift on the move...without having to stop your tractor, without having to use a clutch only by simply pushing a button...would you guys pay a premium price for that: lets say +$300??

You going to take the transmission out of Schumi's Ferrari and put in my tractor? I'd pay up for that so long as it maintained the mechanical purity and efficiency of a manual transmission. I'd never consider a hydro, too many mechanical losses for my taste.

Regards, Jamie

/ Criteria on Hydros #24  
whodat90 said:
Don't have an HST, but I have driven them. I don't like the need to run the engine at/near PTO speed to make the hydro work correctly. I'd prefer to see a larger pump that needs less RPMs for full capacity. Kinda like spooling a turbo up earlier and using a wastegate to dump the excess at higher rpms.
whodat

Ummm ... engine at/near PTO speed to make the transmission work correctly??????

Ummm ... one of us is misunderstanding something here ...