Cross Referenced Filters - TC40D or Boomer 3040

/ Cross Referenced Filters - TC40D or Boomer 3040 #1  

eagle107

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota and John Deere Tractors
Guys,

I have cross referenced the filters for my Boomer 3040. These are the filters I am looking to get for the tractor.

New Holland Part SBA340500920 (Hydraulic filter) = WIX 51536
New Holland Part 87415600 (Oil filter) = PUROLATOR PureOne PL10241
New Holland Part 87300178 (Outer Air filter) = K&N E-4961

Question 1 - Does anyone make a good hydrostatic filter?
Question 2 - Has anyone used these types of oil filters and is there any issues I need to be aware of, such as oil flow restrictions?

My neighbor owns an auto store and has been using Fram oil filters for the last eights years on his TC40D.

Thanks for the time!

/ Cross Referenced Filters - TC40D or Boomer 3040 #2  
   / Cross Referenced Filters - TC40D or Boomer 3040 #3  
Eagle, of all the filters on your machine, the HST filter is the only one I would never suggest getting from a 3rd party supplier. The HST filter can experience pressures over 250 psi due to cold fluid and the charge pump having to send fluid up through the cooler and then back to the main HST internal pump. Because of this, that filter is heavier. Even New Holland has a normal and ruggedized filter for areas with very cold winters. These filters have a high pressure seal and are installed very tightly (more than the 3/4 turn after contact is made). Therefore, I recommend you stick with the NH brand for the best HST filter performance.

/ Cross Referenced Filters - TC40D or Boomer 3040
Yeah, the HST filter was my biggest concern. I had our Buffalo Tractor dealer tell me that some of the HST filters had problems on the NH tractors during the winter time. I cannot remember if it was the SBA340500990 or SBA340500890 filter that had the issue. Since NH replaced the two filters with the SBA340501030, I was just wondering if anyone had a direct replace; it seems like a very specialized filter.

As for the other filters, I got them and will give them a try. The only another filter that concerns me is the Purolator PureOne PL10241 oil filter. The filter has a lot of filtration so I hope it does not restrict oil flow. However, I guess if there was a problem with the filter, Purolator would have pulled the filter a long time ago. If anyone has used the Purolator PureOne PL10241 oil filter, please let me know.

(Hydraulic filter) = WIX 51536
(Oil filter) = PUROLATOR PureOne PL10241
(Outer Air filter) = K&N E-4961

Thanks!

/ Cross Referenced Filters - TC40D or Boomer 3040 #5  
Yesterday I brought a newholland oil filter for my 1520 to an auto parts store to cross reference it. Three brands of filter cross referenced, and all three were slightly smaller than the newholland filter.
The pipe and inside diameter of the gasket were the same, but the gasket was smaller and the filter itself was a bit shorter.
Is it okay to use a filter that is slightly smaller?

/ Cross Referenced Filters - TC40D or Boomer 3040 #6  
New Holland changed the overall size for some of their compact tractor applications. I asked the dealer why the change and they told me that with some smaller models (ie. 1310,1320,1510,1520) there is a clearance issue with the larger filter if you are using a loader.
The fix was to spec. a smaller size filter and since that filter fits a lot of the New Holland compact tractors they decided to switch all of them to the smaller size.
I have a 1715 and have been using WIX filters that are the same size as the new size from the New Holland dealer.
Your filter might be old enough that it is still one of the larger old ones and the auto parts store has the newer small size update.
If in doubt talk to a dealer parts department, I have always found them to be very helpful.

/ Cross Referenced Filters - TC40D or Boomer 3040 #7  
Yesterday I brought a newholland oil filter for my 1520 to an auto parts store to cross reference it. Three brands of filter cross referenced, and all three were slightly smaller than the newholland filter.
The pipe and inside diameter of the gasket were the same, but the gasket was smaller and the filter itself was a bit shorter.
Is it okay to use a filter that is slightly smaller?

A couple of years ago, New Holland reduced the size of the filters for their compact tractor lines. The new one is no more than 1/3 the size of the old one and maybe only 1/2 the volume. I don't think it makes a bit of difference since changing oil at each 100 hours won't let much contamination build up. I think the smaller filter will be just fine. Doing regular oil and filter changes is much more important than physical filter size in my opinion.

/ Cross Referenced Filters - TC40D or Boomer 3040 #8  
WIX is what I use. I can buy online in boxed quantity and save a bundle and they are delivered. They have all of the specs. on there website for each filter (dimensions. flow rates, composition and all applications) it's easy to use and if you can not find a filter you can call them for help. WIX filters, WIX oil filters, WIX air filters, WIX fuel filters, WIX Heavy Duty Oil Filters[/QUOTE

I went top that link, registered and could still not buy online.

/ Cross Referenced Filters - TC40D or Boomer 3040
Not sure if you were trying to buy any filters from WIX directly. I just go to Amazon, go to the automotive section and type the filter number in, or you can just query the filter number on Google.

Attachments

• PureOne.jpg
    PureOne.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 736