Crossbow & dicamba

/ Crossbow & dicamba #1  

mgraham112

Gold Member
Tractor
long 2460 - belarus 250 - JD 4230 - Kioti DK40SE
I have decided against grazon for my pasture due to the undetermined residual and my future plans on planting row crops or even trees are a possibility. I am probably going with crossbow and I was wondering if anybody ever added dicamba to crossbow for that extra punch. I can't find any info on it.

/ Crossbow & dicamba #2  
Crossbow is a 2,4-D and triclopyr formulation, a quick google search does find sites that mention mixing other 2,4-D products with dicamba and mcpa, but I can't find any that specifically suggest putting Crossbow in a tank mix with them. It may be that the solvent used in Crossbow isn't very compatible?
The Dow label certainly doesn't mention any tank mixes except with a nitrogen fertiliser, so it would be worth being careful. Sometimes tank mixes can separate, precipitate, or just be less effective than separate chemicals.
If you want a more effective mix, you might look at something like NuFarm Progeny which is already a mix of triclopyr, mcpa and dicamba. Might be better than something with 2,4-d, which is effective but very "drifty" and has a very negative effect on a lot of crops.

/ Crossbow & dicamba
Progeny looks good, but I can't even find anywhere to purchase. I'll use whatever will work. This pasture hasn't been cared for in about 10 years, so it is very weedy.