CS2220 with SL2420 Loader

/ CS2220 with SL2420 Loader #1  

confederatemule

Silver Member
Am I the only person who has a problem with the loader and bucket assembly being sloppy? It seems to have a lot of slack in every pivot area.
When I back drag with the bucket is when I notice it the most.
There seems to be a lot of slack where the loader arms connect to the loader frame that attaches to the tractor.
I have 40 hours on the tractor at this time. My plan is to ask the dealer about this when I take it in for the 50 hour service. I am sure they will tell me "that is how it is made. We can't do anything about it". That is what they have told me about the other things I have asked them about.
If anyone has had a similar problem please tell me what you may have done to correct it.

Mule

/ CS2220 with SL2420 Loader #4  
Mine has certainly had build issues, but cannot say I have noticed FEL sloppiness.

The only FEL issues I have noticed are:
1) the control arm valves needed lubrication to smooth out the control movements.
2) as I use pallet forks mostly there is a drop at the tips over time when I am in a long-hold position. With a bucket you would not notice the tilt drop, but at the end of the long forks you do.

I regularly reach max lift capacity on the FEL pallet forks and have added rear weights to attain stability using 90+% of FEL lift capacity. If there was sloppiness in the FEL system I would have noticed it by now.

As much as I would like it to be so, the world is not perfect, but since working out the bugs, so far, it is 'within tolerance' - as I have adjusted the computer programming atop my shoulders to account for the variations from perfection.

My attempts at DIY AI?

2023 CS2220 with 145hours to date