CT225 hydraulic hard line leak

/ CT225 hydraulic hard line leak #1  

rus_geek

Gold Member
Tractor
Bobcat CT225
I've got a slow drip coming off of the bolt that ties a hard line (from the cooler) to the transaxle. The bolt isn't loose, so I'm wondering if this has a brass washer or other piece underneath it that may have failed. I'd like to know what I'm going to find *before* I take that line off, since I'm assuming I'll lose some fluid.

Close shot, if you look closely you can see a drip hanging off that bolt.
IMG_1561.jpg

Wider shot under the left step to give some context of where this connection lives.
IMG_1563.jpg

-rus-

/ CT225 hydraulic hard line leak #2  
You will most likely find 2 copper "crush" washers. One on the topside of the line, just under the head of the bolt. And one sandwiched between the line and the housing.

They can be replaced pretty easily. And SHOULD be replaced and never re-used if that line has ever been off.

/ CT225 hydraulic hard line leak #3  
it has O-rings where LD1 explained. 1 between the bolt flange and line, another between line and housing.

/ CT225 hydraulic hard line leak #4  
I wouldnt have guessed o-rings.

Easier to source though, so thats good.

I assume the mating surfaces have a groove cut in them to hold the o-ring?

/ CT225 hydraulic hard line leak #5  
I wouldnt have guessed o-rings.

Easier to source though, so thats good.

I assume the mating surfaces have a groove cut in them to hold the o-ring?

The groove is in the collar of the steel line.

/ CT225 hydraulic hard line leak #6  
The groove is in the collar of the steel line.

If the bolt is tight, I wonder if there might be a tiny burr or imperfection in the metal surfaces, causing the O ring to fail.

/ CT225 hydraulic hard line leak #7  
If the bolt is tight, I wonder if there might be a tiny burr or imperfection in the metal surfaces, causing the O ring to fail.

Could be, or O-ring got pinched when installed and finally started leaking.