CT225

/ CT225 #11  
TBDonnelly said:
I owned a Ford 1220 HST(hydro) before I purchased a Kioti CK30 HST. Both tractors are set up the same, with a clutch pedal on the left. ....Except the Ford 1220 had a 2 range HST like the Kioti CK20 HST while the Kioti CK30 HST has a 3 range HST.

Don

Ah yes another Ford 1220 convert I see. I put that tractor through ****. I had no idea the CK's had clutch pedals. As I said, the DK's don't, they have the brake pedal on the left, and hydro pedals on the right.

/ CT225 #12  
Mark, doesn't your DK have an electrically activated 'clutch', at least for the PTO?

/ CT225 #13  
IXLR8 said:
Mark, doesn't your DK have an electrically activated 'clutch', at least for the PTO?
Ya, it does errrrr something like that. It just doen't have a manual clutch pedal in traditional sense.

/ CT225 #14  
I'm not sure the clutch pedal question on the CK HST's has been clearly answered for the OP. You don't use a clutch on HST's to "shift". If the HST has a clutch pedal, like the CK's do, it's to control the live PTO and has an integrated safety switch for starting the tractor. Other HST's have an electrically actuated PTO clutch operated by a switch on the control panel. These, won't have a clutch pedal.

HST's have either a two pedal setup or a rocker pedal. The two pedal design, one is to go forward, and the other is reverse. The rocker works similarly, rock forward to go forward, rock back to go in reverse. It's kinda like a car - the further down you push the faster you go. When you remove your foot from either pedal, the tractor generally will stop, or almost stop depending on tractor and how steep the incline. On most HST's the brake is seldom used to stop, but is there for emergencies, turning (when independent L/R brakes), holding, and parking.

There are many many posts on HST operation that will delve into this more deeply. Do a search for them. The Kioti forum will cover the Bobcat's operation because it's the same tractor.

/ CT225 #15  
Gittyup said:
It's kinda like a car - the further down you push the faster you go.

Mmmmmmmm.........well....it's kinda like a car, but different. If you smash the HST pedal down to the floor and think it will respond like a gas pedal on a car, I think a new owner will be disappointed in the HST. Easing into the HST pedal will give a much better response. I'll let someone else explain it in more detail.

Don

/ CT225
CT225 deluxe on order today with 68" load bucket, 72" mid mount mower, R4, grill guard etc

/ CT225 #17  
msiewert96 said:
CT225 deluxe on order today with 68" load bucket, 72" mid mount mower, R4, grill guard etc
Congratulations.
Keep us informed how your new machine works..