CT230 Died suddenly, wont restart, no lights on dash, no headlights

/ CT230 Died suddenly, wont restart, no lights on dash, no headlights #1  

madhouse

Bronze Member
Tractor
Bobcat CT230
I had been using my CT230. I was going to drop the bucket. I set the brake and jumped off the tractor, and it died.

Nothing happens when I turn the key. Nothing on the dash turns on. The headlights won't turn on.

/ CT230 Died suddenly, wont restart, no lights on dash, no headlights
Let me add. I checked the fuses - all are good

/ CT230 Died suddenly, wont restart, no lights on dash, no headlights #3  
Check the ground? Where is there power?

/ CT230 Died suddenly, wont restart, no lights on dash, no headlights
The key was in the aux position. I touched the two wires, that I marked in red, connected to the starter and I heard a relay click. Everything is functional...!?! Now I can't recreate the failure. :unsure:

Attachments

• IMG_9034.JPG
    IMG_9034.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 56
   / CT230 Died suddenly, wont restart, no lights on dash, no headlights #5  
The key was in the aux position. I touched the two wires, that I marked in red, connected to the starter and I heard a relay click. Everything is functional...!?! Now I can't recreate the failure. :unsure:
A good terminal and cable cleaning likely in order. Especially where ground wire connects to frame.

/ CT230 Died suddenly, wont restart, no lights on dash, no headlights #6  
Definitely check your battery terminals. You have to remove them and inspect them thoroughly. Common problem.

/ CT230 Died suddenly, wont restart, no lights on dash, no headlights #7  
Be careful. My positive cable was internally corroded and my battery exploded. If you've had any wet weather, you might also check your safety switch connections and the connection from the key switch.

Also, was it in gear? If it died when you jumped off, that's a safety switch.

/ CT230 Died suddenly, wont restart, no lights on dash, no headlights #8  
Any chance you damaged a wire, while setting the brake ?

/ CT230 Died suddenly, wont restart, no lights on dash, no headlights #9  
Similar thing happened to me a few years ago. Battery cables were mostly dust near the terminals, however they appeared fine from the outside. Fortunately I saw the same problem discussed on the forum and investigated further.