ct445 electrical issue starts, no instuments, cruse, lights anyone have a schematic

/ ct445 electrical issue starts, no instuments, cruse, lights anyone have a schematic #1  

case310350

Bronze Member
my ct445 will start but there is no tach, cruse, lights etc. 4wd light is dim even though not on. Have the manual thought It had the schematic but does not. Sometimes after a while everything will come on. advice?

/ ct445 electrical issue starts, no instuments, cruse, lights anyone have a schematic #2  
It sounds like an intermittent ground. The system may be leaking to ground through your 4wd light when it loses its ground. Look for ground connections screwed to painted surfaces, corroded ground connections, etc. Since your starter works you apparently have a good ground from the battery to the tractor frame. I suspect your problem is closer to the instrument panel itself.

/ ct445 electrical issue starts, no instuments, cruse, lights anyone have a schematic #3  
I had the same issue a couple years ago with my CT 445. Turn out to be one of the relays under the hood , on the firewall. I believe it was the starter relay but not 100% on that. I have only had two problems with my tractor and both times it was one of those relays.

/ ct445 electrical issue starts, no instuments, cruse, lights anyone have a schematic #4  
Likely a faulty ignition relay, common on the CT235. Relay was beneath the dash shroud on the inside of the firewall on the right hand side. Lithe tricky to get to. Not sure on your series. Plagued me for months last spring. Would also get no rear aux power. Sometimes the gauges would work until you turned on the headlights. Or set the parking and the dash indicator wound come on and all the gauges wound quite. It's was sporadic as ****. I'd start there.
my ct445 will start but there is no tach, cruse, lights etc. 4wd light is dim even though not on. Have the manual thought It had the schematic but does not. Sometimes after a while everything will come on. advice?

/ ct445 electrical issue starts, no instuments, cruse, lights anyone have a schematic #5  
Have you solved, or still in need?

/ ct445 electrical issue starts, no instuments, cruse, lights anyone have a schematic #6  
I have a CT235 Bobcat
Just as several people have commented. Replace the relay behind the firewall. It is on the right side behind a shroud directly under the throttle lever. Remove shroud. Screws are all 10mm but 2 screws are longer so pay attention where they go.
This problem haunted me for almost 3 years because it was intermittent. Lights would work and then they wouldn't. Tractor would do all kinds of things that affected electronics. Finally lights didn't work at all.
I believe there are 7 relays on the tractor and this one is the hardest to get at.

Good luck