CT5545 Radio Install

/ CT5545 Radio Install #1  

KYBobcat

Tractor
Bobcat CT5545
Any owners of the new Bobcat CT55 series cab tractors may want to be aware of something I noticed during a radio installation. I thought it was odd, but if the tractor doesn't come with the radio, and you are installing one yourself, you will not get power to the radio until you install a 10amp fuse in the CD/Stereo fuse block. I guess they don't include a fuse in the block because a radio wasn't installed at time of purchase. I thought it was odd, but maybe it's not. Anyway, glad I figured out the source of my power problem was a simple fuse. The tractor does have some spare fuses in the fuse block, so easy enough to use one of those. That power feed is the switched power feed. The other power feed (primary power from battery) is hot, so no fuse needed there.

/ CT5545 Radio Install #2  
Thanks for that. I’m assuming the CT2540 will be the same and I would have been scratching my head on that one. My tractor has been delayed for the last month waiting on parts, but it’s giving me time to get all of those extras ready to install when it finally gets here.

/ CT5545 Radio Install
Thanks for that. I’m assuming the CT2540 will be the same and I would have been scratching my head on that one. My tractor has been delayed for the last month waiting on parts, but it’s giving me time to get all of those extras ready to install when it finally gets here.

Yea, I had the radio wiring harness and the Kioti radio harness all wired together and when I wasn't getting power. I ended up disconnecting those harnesses only to find out the switched power wires were not getting power. I went to the fuse box, and sure enough no fuse. I suspect you will have the same situation.

What parts are you waiting on?

If you haven't looked at implements, I bought two Bobcat implements for my tractor (box blade and grader blade). There was a promotion like $200 off each. The seem very well built. May be worth a look if you need a few implements. It's nice that they match the tractor too.

/ CT5545 Radio Install #4  
Yea, I had the radio wiring harness and the Kioti radio harness all wired together and when I wasn't getting power. I ended up disconnecting those harnesses only to find out the switched power wires were not getting power. I went to the fuse box, and sure enough no fuse. I suspect you will have the same situation.

What parts are you waiting on?

If you haven't looked at implements, I bought two Bobcat implements for my tractor (box blade and grader blade). There was a promotion like $200 off each. The seem very well built. May be worth a look if you need a few implements. It's nice that they match the tractor too.

I was waiting on the box blade and rotary cutter to come in while they figured out the top and tilt. We finally decided to just order from rite fit hydraulics and the dealer will put it on when that comes in June. I decided to add a cutting edge a few weeks back. The implements came in last week so it would be here if I hadn’t added the cutting edge. I was also trying to get a price on a tooth bar but they couldn’t find one that fit without digging, so I figured I’ll just measure the bucket when I get the tractor and order one myself.

I’m glad to hear the implements are well built because they seemed relatively inexpensive compared to some of the other prices I was seeing online.

/ CT5545 Radio Install
I was waiting on the box blade and rotary cutter to come in while they figured out the top and tilt. We finally decided to just order from rite fit hydraulics and the dealer will put it on when that comes in June. I decided to add a cutting edge a few weeks back. The implements came in last week so it would be here if I hadn稚 added the cutting edge. I was also trying to get a price on a tooth bar but they couldn稚 find one that fit without digging, so I figured I値l just measure the bucket when I get the tractor and order one myself.

I知 glad to hear the implements are well built because they seemed relatively inexpensive compared to some of the other prices I was seeing online.

A few photos. One of the radio temporarily kind of test fit. Still need to determine if I want some type of face plate to cover the holes and how I want to run the mic and wire. Pairs nicely with my phone and the sound is decent through the factory speakers but I will likely replace those with some higher quality speakers.

A few other pics of the Box Blade.

IMG_2215.jpgIMG_2217.jpgIMG_2224.jpgIMG_2218.jpgIMG_2216.jpgIMG_2223.jpg

/ CT5545 Radio Install #6  
A few photos. One of the radio temporarily kind of test fit. Still need to determine if I want some type of face plate to cover the holes and how I want to run the mic and wire. Pairs nicely with my phone and the sound is decent through the factory speakers but I will likely replace those with some higher quality speakers.

A few other pics of the Box Blade.

View attachment 686130View attachment 686131View attachment 686132View attachment 686133View attachment 686134View attachment 686135

That’s a good looking tractor! I ordered the Jensen radio in the link so I can use it with my iPhone and hook up a rear camera and loader camera to it. I just hope there is enough room for the screen. I made sure it was returnable just in case.

JENSEN CMM10 10.1 inch LED Multimedia Touch Screen Single Din Car Stereo |USB Screen Mirroring | Push to Talk Assistant | Bluetooth | Steering Wheel Control | Front & Rear Camera | USB & microSD https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0845W3CT3/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_2BZBMKHVHSY119WPF9WT

/ CT5545 Radio Install
That’s a good looking tractor! I ordered the Jensen radio in the link so I can use it with my iPhone and hook up a rear camera and loader camera to it. I just hope there is enough room for the screen. I made sure it was returnable just in case.

JENSEN CMM10 10.1 inch LED Multimedia Touch Screen Single Din Car Stereo |USB Screen Mirroring | Push to Talk Assistant | Bluetooth | Steering Wheel Control | Front & Rear Camera | USB & microSD https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0845W3CT3/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_2BZBMKHVHSY119WPF9WT
I like that idea. I was thinking about a rear camera, maybe I should have considered something like you are doing. For now, I just wanted a bluetooth head unit that could connect to my phone. This inexpensive JVC does the job nicely.

A few points you may need to consider. I went with a "shallow" depth receiver, just to minimize weight above. But there is some steel up in the mounting area and an actual anchor bracket that you can bolt the rear of your receiver to. To do this, you will need to remove the roof, and I didn't want to get into that....yet. You may want to check your receiver depth. I think you will be fine as there is more room up there (in my tractor) than I thought. As for your screen, I like the way it ratchets up and down. I can see it working in the down position. Keep me posted on how it works. I may have to move in that direction.