Oil & Fuel Cub Cadet 4x2 18 HP Big Country 2007

/ Cub Cadet 4x2 18 HP Big Country 2007 #1  

lcs

Tractor
Cub Cadett 2 x 4
We have owned a Cub Cadet 4x2 18 HP Big Country 2007
for a few years and because we live in Ontario and cannot use it in the winter (it does not have a covered cab) it has not been well used. It is great when it works but it is constantly in the repair shop. It will come back from the repair shop and then start cutting out, backfiring and then it just stops. The mechanic reports that oil is getting into the gas and this has now happened numerous times. Does anyone else own a Cub Cadett and if so have you had the same problem?

We are probably going to get rid of this machine while it still looks good, cut our losses and look into another utility vehicle. I live on a horse farm so I need something that has a back that will tip. Recommendations please on a used Utility vehicle that has a good reputation.

/ Cub Cadet 4x2 18 HP Big Country 2007 #2  
We have owned a Cub Cadet 4x2 18 HP Big Country 2007
for a few years and because we live in Ontario and cannot use it in the winter (it does not have a covered cab) it has not been well used. It is great when it works but it is constantly in the repair shop. It will come back from the repair shop and then start cutting out, backfiring and then it just stops. The mechanic reports that oil is getting into the gas and this has now happened numerous times. Does anyone else own a Cub Cadett and if so have you had the same problem?

We are probably going to get rid of this machine while it still looks good, cut our losses and look into another utility vehicle. I live on a horse farm so I need something that has a back that will tip. Recommendations please on a used Utility vehicle that has a good reputation.

Have you owned it since new? Any warranty work? Sounds like you might have gotten a lemon. I own a 2007 Cub UTV 4X4 with electric dump bed & the 20 HP Kohler, 230 hours with no problems whatsoever.
It seems to be many folks opinions that that carbeurated models aren't as good as the fuel injected, but I've never had any issues with my Kohler.
Good luck.
There's another section here on UTV's all kinds of info there.