cub cadet starting problem

/ cub cadet starting problem #11  
Is it doing this when hot? If so, it could be the windings in the starter getting too hot to run. Or the engine getting too hot and binding.

Pressure wash the engine behind the metal covers to clean the cylinder and head cooling fins.

/ cub cadet starting problem #12  
I just went through the service manual and if you go in the trouble shooting section to hard starting. They say you could have a faulty ACR (automatic crank ******) They don't show a pic or give any info on how to service it. go here http://www.kohlerengines.com/onlinecatalog/pdf/tp_2548_a.pdf on page 81 they have pics and a good explanation of how the ACR works.
Bill

Last edited:
   / cub cadet starting problem #13  
I'm having same problem. That Service Manual doesn't look exactly like my 22 HP Koehler... mine has a compartment on top for air filter. Also, don't see any thing about how to SERVICE the ACR. Will keep searching. My starting issue definitely seems like a COMPRESSION PROBLEM. It turns over about a quarter turn, then compression stops it from going further. After about 10 key turns, will eventually overcome the compression, and start. It's only 6 months old. 30 hours on motor. Already done first change on oil.

/ cub cadet starting problem #14  
Hi Merlin777, My briggs 15.5 hp motor also battled to start.I reset the valve clearances and now starts first time and is running like a new one.
Ray

/ cub cadet starting problem #15  
I'm having same problem. That Service Manual doesn't look exactly like my 22 HP Koehler... mine has a compartment on top for air filter. Also, don't see any thing about how to SERVICE the ACR. Will keep searching. My starting issue definitely seems like a COMPRESSION PROBLEM. It turns over about a quarter turn, then compression stops it from going further. After about 10 key turns, will eventually overcome the compression, and start. It's only 6 months old. 30 hours on motor. Already done first change on oil.

If its only 6 months old and 30 hours it would go back to the dealer and let them deal with the problem.

/ cub cadet starting problem #16  
If its only 6 months old and 30 hours it would go back to the dealer and let them deal with the problem.

Yes... will do that... And, I have the extended warranty, and they will pick it up at the house. The nuisance is, I work long days and SCHEDUELING the pickup and return will be a problem.... Was hoping it might be something others are experiencing, and that would be (relatively) easy to adjust myself.....

/ cub cadet starting problem #17  
I have a cub-cadet with a kohler sv730s has new battery, starter, solenoid and it still drags when you try to start it.