Cub EX3200 vs. Bobcat TC230

/ Cub EX3200 vs. Bobcat TC230 #1  

Sockwell

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L5740-HSTC,CC/Y EX3200, 1950 8N
New to the forum; first post and I need some feedback. I have my grandfathers old 8N with several of its implements. I've been looking at CUT's in the 30HP range, to be used mostly for clearing, planting and maintaining food plots. The two I've narrowed it down to are the EX3200 and the TC230. The TC230 has a few features I like, seemingly roomier operating area and the telescoping linkages for the 3PH. But the dealer has basically been unresponsive when I try to get questions answered. I like the EX3200 as well. Most implement changes I've made (8N) were with fixed linkages, but the 3PH area of the tractor seems awfully tight and busy. Is changing tools caused anybody problems? Thanks for the help.

/ Cub EX3200 vs. Bobcat TC230 #2  
If the deal is unresponsive before he gets you money, what will he be like after?

If you like the Bobcat better, get it. Do you have another Bobcat dealer that you can go to? It might be worth the drive.

With the $3500 cash back + free loader, the CT230 is currently one of the best deals going.

/ Cub EX3200 vs. Bobcat TC230 #3  
I also considered the TC230 compared to the Ex3200. I got a new Ex3200 tractor-loader-backhoe (TLB) w/24" bucket for $22,000 MINUS the $750 instant rebate. IMHO, $21,250 for a new TLB is a pretty good deal.

The Bobcat did have some great incentives (free loader and cash back) but by the time I had it all priced out, it was still more expensive than the CCY and seemed like a smaller machine.

I am very happy with the Ex3200. Granted I only have 16 hours on mine, it is a fine machine.

Good luck with your decision.

Attachments

• IMG_1152.JPG
    IMG_1152.JPG
    151.6 KB · Views: 507
   / Cub EX3200 vs. Bobcat TC230 #4  
Are the CC-Yanmars made by Yanmar or CC?

I know that the CC CUTs of the early 2000's had all kinds of problem.

/ Cub EX3200 vs. Bobcat TC230
It is my understanding that the tractors are made for CC by Yanmar at an Assembly Plant in Georgia. I have no way to prove or disprove this. I read it on 2 or 3 different places on this and other forums.

/ Cub EX3200 vs. Bobcat TC230 #6  
Final assembly is in Georgia, the bulk of the work is done in Japan. I am not sure where the attachments are made though, anyone know?

/ Cub EX3200 vs. Bobcat TC230 #7  
The final assembly plant is located just down the road from my mom's place in Adairsville ga. When they announced that the plant was opening, it created around 300 (American) jobs. I would prefer for the tractors to be All American made, but at least it brought new jobs into the area.

The eastern Mahindra assembly plant is located in Calhoun Ga, which is only 8 miles away from Adairsville. Anytime that I visit her, I always have to drive both places to check out their stockyards to catch a peek at any new models/changes.