Cummins CAPS pumps

/ Cummins CAPS pumps #1  

Hay Dude

Super Star Member
Tractor
Challenger MT655E, Massey Ferguson 7495, Challenger MT535B, Krone 4x4 XC baler, Kubota F3680 & ZD331 Ram 5500 Cummins 4x4, IH 7500 4x4 dump truck, Kaufman 35’ tandem 19 ton trailer, John Deere CX-15
I have a Magnum with a CAPS pump (Cummins Accumulator Pump System). $3,500 to replace if it goes for total replacement.
Anyone have knowledge? I hear not the best compared to the replacement HP pump in newer Magnums.

Whats the deal on them?

/ Cummins CAPS pumps #3  
They were “factory exchange only”.. they wouldn’t let the fuel shops work on them.

/ Cummins CAPS pumps
They were “factory exchange only”.. they wouldn’t let the fuel shops work on them.

So when the symptoms of pump failure begin (long crank times is one I have seen), the whole pump needs replaced?
I’m not there yet, but wondering what to get ready for.

/ Cummins CAPS pumps #5  
U might get a better deal going they a fuel shop.. they get discounts that the end user doesn’t and they’ll usually beat the factory (Cummins) price..

/ Cummins CAPS pumps
   / Cummins CAPS pumps #7  
what problems are you having with it. just asking, a farmer friend has a caps system and was complaining about hard to start. I suggested he use the ether injector button carefully while starting. fixed that for him.

/ Cummins CAPS pumps
what problems are you having with it. just asking, a farmer friend has a caps system and was complaining about hard to start. I suggested he use the ether injector button carefully while starting. fixed that for him.
No issues at all, just preparing and looking at what I’m facing when it happens.