Cupholder

/ Cupholder
Years ago, (on this site), someone came up with a simple solution ....if you had steel fenders.

They bought some kind of "big gulp" cup and took some computer hard drive magnets. They epoxied the magnets to the bottom of the cup and now, it's free to stick directly to your fender.

If you have plastic fenders, you can still do this but you have to hold it. :drink:

Here in Dixieland, a hard drive is when you get your rear wheels buried in mud after a rain. Also, there is no plastic on my M-F.

/ Cupholder #14  
   / Cupholder #15  
Years ago, (on this site), someone came up with a simple solution ....if you had steel fenders.

They bought some kind of "big gulp" cup and took some computer hard drive magnets. They epoxied the magnets to the bottom of the cup and now, it's free to stick directly to your fender.

Ah, yes - the famous and long-running "Chalkey Cup" thread!!

/ Cupholder
Many years ago I bought something called a 'stuckcup' - likely I still have it somewhere. It was a metal insulated cup (about 16 oz) with a strong magnet built into the bottom. It really stuck to the tractor (tho I had a flat rear fender). I looked for those again for you but could not find them.
But did find these - I also have one of these on my tractor:
Amazon.com: Master Magnetics Magnetic Cup Caddy Holder - Black - Keep Your Favorite Beverage at Hand: Automotive

Magnets in the bottom of the SS drink cup I have already...brilliant. I have a dozen neodymium magnets and a new pack of JB Weld...time to get busy and make my own cup. It will rest on the battery cover just in front of the steering wheel. Thanks for all the suggestions but beowulf gets the nod.

/ Cupholder #17  
Ah, yes - the famous and long-running "Chalkey Cup" thread!!

I remember that thread. I have plastic fenders, but liked the idea so much, I was tempted to epoxy a metal plate to them as an attachment point for the Chalkley Cup. Invented by member MChalkley. If you do a search on "Chalkley Cup" in the thread titles, you'll find a lot of hits from the early 2000s time frame.

(BTW, you left one of the "L"s out of Chalkley)

/ Cupholder #18  
Try this. it might help ya. JD 1.jpgJD 2.jpg

Attachments

• JD 5.jpg
    JD 5.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 128