Curious about the MF 1428 HST

/ Curious about the MF 1428 HST #11  
cag,

I hear you, the dealer is everything! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Happy hunting. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ Curious about the MF 1428 HST #12  
cag, I have a 2001 MF1235 which I think is simillar to the MF 1428.The 1235 engine is rated a bit higher but the size and weight are about the same. I purchsed it with turf tires knowing the main job would be mowing. The turf tires are good in soft (not muddy) ground. The 3 range HST tranny has performed very well. The weak system would have to be the hydraulics, and that is something MF improved with the 1400 series. I have used the loader alot and the HST is nice to have. Over all I am very satisfied with my MF 1235.

/ Curious about the MF 1428 HST
BER..I appreciate your honesty.. Your tractor as a weak spot, you had no problem to admit that. Over all your satisfied with your 1235... I have been roaming TBN for about 1 year now reading and gathering info on different tractors brand's, and I appreciate owner's like you that tell it like it is... cag

/ Curious about the MF 1428 HST #14  
Cag
I have a GC 2310 and I realy like mine. I have used the back how alot and I have found that the only WEAK SPOT is in the operators seat ... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

DougM

Doug is the week spot in the operator seat... OR on the operator seat /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif LOL good to hear from you... cag

/ Curious about the MF 1428 HST #16  
cag... In the 1400 series book it states that the MF 1428 has over a gallon/min. more flow and a little more pressure than my MF 1235. That is why I think MF has made some improvements to the hydraulic system of the MF 1400 series. I have had no failures in my hydraulic system, I think it is a little weak. However, in some ways this could be a safer way to build a tractor.

BER just came back from the MF dealer. I had some time to kill, and was in the area so I stop in... I had some question's on the 1428 HST and also on after sale service..I let him know I was not ready to buy, he replied it's not unusual to see people shop around for several month's before they purchase a tractor..I met this dealer on two previous occasion and feel he would give good after sale service...cag