Cutting Height Control

/ Cutting Height Control #1  

x703jko

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota BX24TLB
Question: Someone explain to me how the cutting height dial on a BX24 works.

Also, my dial clicks when it turns and I can turn it continuously in either direction without hitting a stop. Is this normal?

J

/ Cutting Height Control #2  
The numbers on the dial represent the height in inches the blades will cut at.
To set the deck at the height you want to mow at, you raise the mower to it's highest position (transport) then turn the dial in either direction until the number you want the cut to be aligns with the arrow (12 oclock position) then lower the mower and it will stop at the height you set the dial to.
If the mower was set up correctly the numbers will match up to the actual blade height. If it doesn't, the mower can be adjusted to match it.
Since I mow at 3", I set my mower up with the dial at the 3" position and it's pretty accurate at the other ranges too.

The "top" position on the dial is used to lock the mower in the transport position so you can use the 3ph without the mower going up & down with the 3ph.

The "bottom" position is used to lower the mower to it's very lowest position inorder to mount/dismount it.

/ Cutting Height Control
Volfandt said:
The numbers on the dial represent the height in inches the blades will cut at.
To set the deck at the height you want to mow at, you raise the mower to it's highest position (transport) then turn the dial in either direction until the number you want the cut to be aligns with the arrow (12 oclock position) then lower the mower and it will stop at the height you set the dial to.
If the mower was set up correctly the numbers will match up to the actual blade height. If it doesn't, the mower can be adjusted to match it.
Since I mow at 3", I set my mower up with the dial at the 3" position and it's pretty accurate at the other ranges too.

The "top" position on the dial is used to lock the mower in the transport position so you can use the 3ph without the mower going up & down with the 3ph.

The "bottom" position is used to lower the mower to it's very lowest position inorder to mount/dismount it.

Volfandt. Thanks for the info. I check this out this afternoon and I now understand how the setting behaves.

Just one last question. Does the control click when you turn it or is it a continuous, smooth rotation?

Mine clicks. I suspect that's what it's supposed to do.

Can anyone confirm?

J

/ Cutting Height Control
BX2230_Lockport said:
It's supposed to click.:D

Thanks. That's what I figured, but I wanted to make sure. J