Cylinder leaking

/ Cylinder leaking #1  

double hunter

Gold Member
Tractor
Ford 1715
I have a Ford 770A loader on a Ford 1900 tractor, one of the cylinders on the loader lift arm is starting to leak, what is the procedure for repairing this, any help appreciated. It is leaking around the end nearest the driver.

/ Cylinder leaking #2  
You can get rebuild kits from a dealer, or a local hydraulic shop should be able to match seals for you. Taking them apart if fairly easy depending on the style. It is recommended to do them it pairs also.

/ Cylinder leaking #3  
Kenny, one of the cylinders (for the curl function) on my Model 70 loader has a slow leak. Is rebuilding that cylinder relatively easy for someone who's never worked with cylinders before? Any special tools needed? If it's a pain, there's a hydraulic shop on my way to work. I'm sure they can do it if I can't.

/ Cylinder leaking #4  
Kenny, one of the cylinders (for the curl function) on my Model 70 loader has a slow leak. Is rebuilding that cylinder relatively easy for someone who's never worked with cylinders before? Any special tools needed? If it's a pain, there's a hydraulic shop on my way to work. I'm sure they can do it if I can't.

Fear not Kebo, just get the seal kit's form JD. There are LOTS of threads in the Hydraulics forum on rebuilding cylinders as well;)