Dad's 60s 1010

/ Dad's 60s 1010 #1  

string bean

Tractor
Kiotinx45102018
Haven't been down to see it myself yet but dad's old 1010 has been setting for 3 years in a pole barn my brother thinks the motor is stuck he's probably right is there any help for that?

/ Dad's 60s 1010 #2  
Gasoline or diesel?

/ Dad's 60s 1010
Gasoline

/ Dad's 60s 1010 #5  
I’d start by removing the spark plugs (inspect them for anything odd), add a couple ounces of Marvel Mystery oil to the cylinders and replace the plugs… let it “soak”

I also remove the ignition key and “hide” it… hang a “DO NOT OPERATE” tag on the steering wheel so no one attempts to give-it-a-go with oil in the cylinders…

After a few days, Remove the plugs and try turning the crank by hand… two full revolutions if it spins

/ Dad's 60s 1010 #6  
I’d start by removing the spark plugs (inspect them for anything odd), add a couple ounces of Marvel Mystery oil to the cylinders and replace the plugs… let it “soak”

I also remove the ignition key and “hide” it… hang a “DO NOT OPERATE” tag on the steering wheel so no one attempts to give-it-a-go with oil in the cylinders…

After a few days, Remove the plugs and try turning the crank by hand… two full revolutions if it spins

That would work. The 1010 is a good simple engine. The key is to find out if it really is frozen. A shorter version would be to remove the spark plugs, squirt a few shots of motor oil into each cylinder... a tablespoon each is fine.... and then see if you can rotate the motor by hand using a wrench on the front of the crankshaft. Key off of course. Sometimes I've even pushed the fanbelt tight and rocked the fan to turn the motor.

If the motor will turn by hand at all, then change up or jump the battery and see if it will crank over with the spark plugs out ....and of course leaving that bit of oil to lube the dry piston in the cylinder.

You really don't want it to start at this point before you check half a dozen things - starting with the oil and water. But if it spin with the plugs out then you have an engine easy to get running.

Dont walk off leaving the spark plugs out. You can put them back and give them half a turn just to keep crud out. If it is outside in the weather then you need to put them back in good enough to keep water out. Leaving spark plugs out is how most engines get ruined...

If it will turn over with the spark plugs out, it isn't frozen and from that point it is just standard mechancial fixit to get it running.
Good Luck.

/ Dad's 60s 1010 #7  
I was hoping that we'd hear an update on this. He joined to post his question, and hasn't been back since getting it anwered. Hopefully he got it running. Those were good old tractors.