David Neisen

/ David Neisen
No problem with the RANT, you are spot on. Congratulations for the future plans! Unfortunately, you left me no crumbs in figuring out how to post a question.... so this forum or this link is basically useless to me.

/ David Neisen
Thank you much for the suggestion. I will do that here and again. (BTW: There is no such button anywhere above, so I may need to do more 'responses' before I get to post). So here we go.....

I have purchased acreage to build a final home. On my very clayey till, level site near a stand of trees, the previous owner had dug two 13' diameter pits, each 10' deep. I don't know why. Apparently he did not get a permit to do what he wanted, and he then refilled in both pits with the same hard clayey till, he dug out - except for a pile of boulders and stones left in a pile on the side. My QUESTION IS... both piles have settled an inch or two from the level of grade - How long will these pits need to completely settle so I can build on them? Is there a way to speed up that settling? Thanks.