Dearborn 10-56 parts.....

/ Dearborn 10-56 parts..... #1  

WhiteyF

Tractor
New holland TC35DA
I recently acquired a dearborn 10-56 2 bottom plow. The plow will mainly be used for gardening purposes, but i do have some terraces to build up so it may see quite a bit of work. It has seen some wear, but still does a good job. Was just wondering where a good place was to look for parts. Coulters are worn, tail whel seems to need attention, shears could used replaced, leaading moldboard is not far from being worn through, frogs may as well be replaced to. Just curious as to where the best/cheapest place to get parts would be, possibly I should start out by trying to find a parts manual for the plow. Any help or input is appreciated.

/ Dearborn 10-56 parts..... #2  
I dont know where you are from but I aso have a dearborn.I need 2 coulter assembly's I replaced my shares land sides and shins .I got my parts in Dover foxcroft me. If you want to call this guy let me know and i will get the number for you. The frog's should be good i would think espically when you find out the cost.

/ Dearborn 10-56 parts..... #3  
Assuming you're not really trying to keep it authentic, and are willing to replace the frogs, you may want to use frogs from a plow that has parts more readily available. Someone long ago did this to my old Ferguson-Sherman, such that it has many Oliver parts now. The coulters are still in need of replacement, but the plow works well in spite of this. Someday, if I can find some with the hub included and only requiring me to change the thru-bolt/axle, I'll probably upgrade these as well.

Depending on what you have, you might be able to replace the bearings and races on the rolling-landside (tail-wheel as you call it), or you may have to replace the entire assembly.