Deck Squeal

/ Deck Squeal #1  

Tommyl8586

Tractor
1986 Kubota B7200HST
Hi everyone,

Hoping someone can give me some ideas what to look for here.

I have a 1986 B7200 with the RC60-72H mower deck that I recently bought used. I have mowed with it about 4 times so far, and after blade replacements, it mows great.

The last two times I have cut, the deck make this awful squealing noise, but only when the deck is down. It does it whether the PTO is engaged or not. I have greased every fitting, and put extra on all the wheels. It doesn't sound like it is the wheels like I originally thought, it seems like it is coming from the brackets if that is possible? I am not sure.

If anyone has any ideas or experience with this, please help. It is the most awful sound, and I mow about 5 acres!

/ Deck Squeal #2  
Hi everyone,

Hoping someone can give me some ideas what to look for here.

I have a 1986 B7200 with the RC60-72H mower deck that I recently bought used. I have mowed with it about 4 times so far, and after blade replacements, it mows great.

The last two times I have cut, the deck make this awful squealing noise, but only when the deck is down. It does it whether the PTO is engaged or not. I have greased every fitting, and put extra on all the wheels. It doesn't sound like it is the wheels like I originally thought, it seems like it is coming from the brackets if that is possible? I am not sure.

If anyone has any ideas or experience with this, please help. It is the most awful sound, and I mow about 5 acres!

I had the same issue with my B7500 and the MMM. My deck had a large roller assembly at rear of the deck, used for setting the cutting height. The problem was no lubricant mainly because it was very difficult to lube unless I removed the deck.
I assume your deck is raised and lowered with the 3pt hitch arms. Next time you mow try raising the deck to take the weight off the wheels and see if it still does it.