Deer deer deer

/ Deer deer deer #1  

Alan L.

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B2710
Mrs. Alan L. and I were a couple miles north of Gunter, Texas headed south about dark today when 3 does mosied across the highway in front of me. There was about a 10 foot gap between deer #2 and deer #3 (#1 and #2 were nose to tail!!!) and I managed to squeezed through there. Whew! I was driving my '94 F250 at the time and the headlight lenses are yellowed and the lights aren't that good. Need to fix that.....

Was coming home from the doc, where I just learned I had caught Strep throat apparently from my granddaughter. Been sick for 3 days now.

/ Deer deer deer #2  
Cannot fix the deer alert. :eek:
You may be able to fix your yellow lights with a kit from Walmart that will clear up the lenses. Look in the auto headlight area.
Get better soon.

/ Deer deer deer #3  
Yep,crossing wildlife sure can give one white knuckles at times.

Tamworth,NH this autumn just about dust big bull moose came trotting out of the woods than stood in middle of road..about 70',sure gets one attendion real quick..yikes.

Take it easy and get some rest.

Last edited:
   / Deer deer deer #4  
Use a buffer and some paste chemical for plastics to shine up the headlights, or use brake fluid for a quick fix.

/ Deer deer deer #5  
You can clean up headlights with white toothpaste. The grit in it is just enough to clean the lens of your headlights. Why spend big bucks for a cleaning kit.

/ Deer deer deer #6  
Was coming home from the doc, where I just learned I had caught Strep throat apparently from my granddaughter. Been sick for 3 days now.

I took the last dose of my amoxicillin yesterday morning, after 2 trips to the doctor. I was only taking one antibiotic, but my wife was taking 4 at a time. But I think we're both over it now.

/ Deer deer deer #7  
When I was a young lad, we would go to Piedras Negras for dinner at least once during our annual hunting trip in Carrizo Springs.

Driving home one night at around 70mph I managed to see a pair of feral hogs crossing the highway just in time to hit the brakes. One of my fathers friends woke up from the sudden stop and wanted to chase them into the brush with his rifle and a flashlight.:eek:

/ Deer deer deer #8  
Driving home one night at around 70mph I managed to see a pair of feral hogs crossing the highway just in time to hit the brakes. One of my fathers friends woke up from the sudden stop and wanted to chase them into the brush with his rifle and a flashlight.:eek:

I was thinking of the guy I talk about below during the now closed Global Warming thread. When my dad was a Ph.d student we used to camping in the mountains. One of his friends and fellow student would go with us. One day we where crawling in the Jeep along an old logging road when hauling fanny down the mountain came two Black Bear cubs. They just missed hitting the Jeep.

Holly Bear Poo in the Woods Batman!

Where is Momma Bear me and my friend where thinking. We were looking for her expecting her to come running down the steep mountain.

The Ph.d student jumped out of the Jeep to chase the bear cubs with a 35mm camera. We thought he would run into Momma Bear. :rolleyes::eek: But he was lucky he did not find Momma Bear and eventually did climb back up to the Jeep.

Later,
Dan

/ Deer deer deer #9  
My house is nestled in the blackjack, cross timbers of central Oklahoma. I'm not too far from I-40 and when the wind is just right you can hear the horn blasts of semi's on the highway as they pass through. The area they are going through has the timber coming very close and dense up to the right-of-way. Deer cross through this area and the horn blasts keep them at bay...usually. Occasionally, you'll see a road kill. Man! Even a 100lb animal can do some serious damage to a vehicle.