Deere 110tlb transmission calibration help - getting desperate

/ Deere 110tlb transmission calibration help - getting desperate #1  

mtputney

Bronze Member
Tractor
Deere 110TLB
I made the giant mistake of placing a fuse in the #12 slot by mistake - which wipes the transmission calibration and renders the tractor immobile. None of the dealers in central New England are able come out into the field:mad: and plug in....

Does anyone know where we can get JDG 1575 electronic control test kit? Supposedly you can re-calibrate the transmission with that and a voltmeter.

Thanks in advance for any help.

/ Deere 110tlb transmission calibration help - getting desperate #2  
WOW, Never heard of such a thing. Usually, you are asked five times, if you are sure you want to default in the software. Stupid idea, but did you try removing the battery, waiting a little while and hooking it back up again?

/ Deere 110tlb transmission calibration help - getting desperate
Yeah - disconnecting the battery for a while was the first thing I did - no luck.

It worked! Tractor moving again!

“Old Machinist” at ****************.com is my new hero.

The recalibrations routine on page 382 of the technical manual got the tractor moving again without Service Advisor or JD1575.

Thank goodness for these chat rooms - I called every dealership in the region and none of them were able to help.

Final Chapter

I thought I would share the final chapter in this saga in case someone else has to go through it - which I think is likely because that #12 fuse slot is just a set-up for disaster.

Following the instructions from Page 357 of the service manual (110TLB HST Control System Automatic Calibration) , we were able to recalibrate the system and get the tractor moving again hooray!

But the victory was short-lived. The throttle potentiometer error code was still flashing so we decided to make the enemy of good mistake. If we were able to get through the recalibration once, why not try it again and see if we can get that one final error code cleared? What can go wrong?

So we went through the same recalibration routine that had worked the day before and the result was complete failure! We couldn't complete the routine and the tractor was once again completely immobilized.

At that point we had to call for help from the dealership (which resulted in a disagreement between the yellow and green Deere dealers but that's a story for another day.) $1000 and a replaced throttle potentiometer later, and the machine was still throwing multiple error codes and refusing to move an inch. The service guy from Deere had no idea what to do.

Then I remembered something - when I followed the routine described above, I hadn't noticed that Deere's definition of high idle is 2800 RPM. I thought "high idle" was just high idle. So just as the service guy was leaving, I suggested we try it one last time, but instead of taking the high idle step to 2800 RPMs we do it at a lower RPM like I had the first time success!

So a bunch of days effort and a lot of money later the tractor is back to full functionality - and I've put a big warning sign over that fuse slot.

Attachments

• 110TLB HST Control System Automatic Calibration.JPG
    110TLB HST Control System Automatic Calibration.JPG
    82.2 KB · Views: 211