Deere 4115 R4 Tire Recommendations

/ Deere 4115 R4 Tire Recommendations #1  

VortecZ71

I purchased a used 4115 that came with the original turf tires and I'm looking replace them with a set of R4s. Front size is listed as 23x8.50-12 and rear as 12-16.5. I was wondering what brand and model you guys would recommend. Thanks, Chris

/ Deere 4115 R4 Tire Recommendations #2  
G'day. I can't really recommend any other brand of tyre except the 'factory' R4s that came with my rig. They're "TITAN" and I've had no complaint or trouble with them after 350hrs. Mine are un-loaded, have handled ploughed & wet paddocks + bitumen with negligible wear and I've yet to 'top them up' with air.

Mind you, I don't know what terrain, or work, you're going to be using your 4115 for.

/ Deere 4115 R4 Tire Recommendations #3  
R4s are a compromise of durability, substrate shedding, and spreading psi's out over the ground. They aren't the best for traction, they aren't the best for being gentle on a lawn. They are the best road tire.
If you have a fairly dedicated regimen, R1s are your best traction, but will shed/dig material and cut into soft ground.
R3/turfs are best for lawn work and snow/sand situations, and comfortable on hard surfaces, but soft rubber.
There are neat tires like rice paddy styles that confuse the issue too--they have good flotation like a turf, but still have aggressive tread.
I have Titan R4's that came on the tractor--JD 'new style' back in 2006. They have fewer plies than the 'old style' R4's that have perpendicular barring. Mine are better flotation & a gentler curve on the tread. Industrial tires hold up better for hard surfaces. They've been good.
What's the work you tend to do? If its all over the board, the R4 is a good choice. Mine don't shed material as well as I'd like--fill up with wet soil, mud, clay and then I've got slicks. Even snow can pack them when conditions are right--it really sucks having slicks in the winter
I'd get wider spacing on narrower bars if I got R4 again, and try and get my psi to the ground up, but would look hard at R1's--I am not on hard or well-finished surfaces very often, and snow season is for pushing back banks when the truck has run out of room--not enough to justify chains, which correct ice and snow issues on any style tire they'll fit. Don't know where you're at.

/ Deere 4115 R4 Tire Recommendations
I'll be using them for a variety of surfaces so that's why I'm leaning towards R4s. I'll be doing some loader work in dirt and light mud, occasional snow removal on the driveway, and mowing the lawn. I don't mind some tracks on the lawn but I think R1s will be too aggressive. I've been doing some research and Titan Trac-Loaders might be something I'm interested in.

/ Deere 4115 R4 Tire Recommendations #5  
Kind of a Titan fan myself. My JD 6300 came with Titan ag tires, and was still wearing them when I sold it 18 years later. They seem to last pretty good.......

/ Deere 4115 R4 Tire Recommendations #6  
I'll be using them for a variety of surfaces so that's why I'm leaning towards R4s. I'll be doing some loader work in dirt and light mud, occasional snow removal on the driveway, and mowing the lawn. I don't mind some tracks on the lawn but I think R1s will be too aggressive. I've been doing some research and Titan Trac-Loaders might be something I'm interested in.

If mowing and snow removal account for most of the hours put on the tractor, my opinion is the turf tire is the best one for you. They work great in snow and if you need chains in the winter, turf tires fit best on them. They provide the best ride and are gentle on the lawn.

Also, are you sure you can put an R4 or R1 tire on an R3 rim?

/ Deere 4115 R4 Tire Recommendations
If mowing and snow removal account for most of the hours put on the tractor, my opinion is the turf tire is the best one for you. They work great in snow and if you need chains in the winter, turf tires fit best on them. They provide the best ride and are gentle on the lawn.

Also, are you sure you can put an R4 or R1 tire on an R3 rim?

In the catalog, there's only 1 rear wheel option. There's 2 for the front and it appears the R4s use the wider one that my tractor came with for the R3s. Snow removal is only going to be a few times a year in the winter. It's going to be used mostly for loader work and mowing. I think I'm going to go with the R4s as they seem to be best for multi-purpose use. Any particular models I should consider?

/ Deere 4115 R4 Tire Recommendations #8  
You are right jim, i did not pay attention to the date.