Buying Advice Deutz D3006

/ Deutz D3006 #1  

HaslagA

Tractor
None yet
Hi y'all, I am new to this site and and somewhat to tractors as well, so I was hoping to get a little more knowledge on these tractors. A buddy of mine has a '74 Deutz D3006 he wants to sell for $1250. It looks pretty rough cosmetically, but he says it runs great. It has 1189 hours on it, and he's the second owner. From what he tells me the original owner used it just for hauling firewood. It sounds like a good deal to me, my biggest concern is finding parts if I need to and also just not knowing much about it either! Any advice/suggestions/opinions would be appreciated, thanks!

/ Deutz D3006 #2  
That would be a GREAT price for around here... IF I saw it, it would already be mine...

They are a pretty good tractor, I use mine for all kinds of small jobs...

SR

/ Deutz D3006
SawyerRob, that's what I was told by the guy at the local Deere dealership, he said they're tough little machines and run forever. My main use would be brush hogging small fields, food plots for deer, and hauling firewood, nothing too big. Seems like they'd be pretty simple maintenance being older. thanks for the input!

/ Deutz D3006 #4  
The reason the 30-06's last so well is, "06" series of tractors are a simple design, also it's really the 3 cyl. 40-06 tractor with the 2 cyl. 30-06 motor installed, with smaller tires all around.

They also made the same tractor with less HP yet and called it a 25-06.

SR

/ Deutz D3006
Good to know, thanks! The guy just put brand new rear tires on it and fluid filled them too