Deutz Dx-6.05 hyd. oil reservoir

/ Deutz Dx-6.05 hyd. oil reservoir #1  

fitterski

Gold Member
Tractor
1987 Cat-426, 1991 Deutz-Dx-6.05, 2019 Husqvarna 2xHP
My Dx-6.05 has this integrated cast iron tank under the seat. I had to repair the (yellow/red) control module (top left) and also the (white) cover and make a new gasket. The inside of the tank looked clean enough but the 3 (yellow dots) ports have some dirt in them. That's where the ganged implement control valves go. Anyone with this tractor know what those 3 ports are for? If they're only return ports and any dirt will end up in a filter tthat's one thing, but if they're more critical in nature then I'll have to pull the reservoir and go for a major cleanout. Would be nice to find a video explaining the entire reservoir but that 's not likely to ever be found.

Attachments

• dx-6.05-hyd-tank-noseal-ports.jpg
    dx-6.05-hyd-tank-noseal-ports.jpg
    457.1 KB · Views: 40
   / Deutz Dx-6.05 hyd. oil reservoir #2  
I am not sure what you are asking if you know the select section valves go there. Those are the passages for the pressure and return oil for the sections, so yes, they should be very clean.

Attachments

• 43B83C0B-1C02-4683-A3DF-D2A641960011.jpeg
    43B83C0B-1C02-4683-A3DF-D2A641960011.jpeg
    191.2 KB · Views: 43
   / Deutz Dx-6.05 hyd. oil reservoir
My Dx-6.05 has this integrated cast iron tank under the seat. I had to repair the (yellow/red) control module (top left) and also the (white) cover and make a new gasket. The inside of the tank looked clean enough but the 3 (yellow dots) ports have some dirt in them. That's where the ganged implement control valves go. Anyone with this tractor know what those 3 ports are for? If they're only return ports and any dirt will end up in a filter tthat's one thing, but if they're more critical in nature then I'll have to pull the reservoir and go for a major cleanout. Would be nice to find a video explaining the entire reservoir but that 's not likely to ever be found.
A little follow-up on this: it never rains but pours!

I had broken the piece during stripping, had it welded by a pro but the weld was faulty and I broke it again, he tried again but finally gave up saying it was not weldable. So I made one out of a block of aluminum myself:

newmade-01.png newmade-02.png newmade-03.png