Deutz Motor Mount Rubber Donut

/ Deutz Motor Mount Rubber Donut #1  

woodlandfarms

Tractor
PowerTrac 1850, Kubota RTV x900
Now part of my more regular maintenance schedule

When I got my PT I realized pretty quickly the engine sat weird. Further examination showed one of my motor mounts gone, the other half rotted (there are 4 total). I bought new ones, struggled to get them in but did. Was power washing this summer the tub and saw a big chunk of black fly out. Further examination found part of my motor mount. I guess sitting in the oil bath that is my engine tub wears them out. So got a few replacements off of ebay and will put new ones in shortly.

/ Deutz Motor Mount Rubber Donut #2  
Um...curious readers want to know- how much oil is in there? It seems rather fast for them to fail.

What's the skinny on putting them in? Unbolt, lift the engine/pump assembly, switch, lower, bolt?

Photos?

All the best,

Peter

/ Deutz Motor Mount Rubber Donut
I tend to oil my road with my PT, keeping the dust down.

There was a crack in the tank, been there for along time. It seeped, so there was always bit of oil in the bottom, add to it dirt and debris and it was a mess.

I will get photos when I re-install. I am going to tear down my fuel tank tomorrow and get it patched up. At that time I will install the new motor mounts. Last time I did it it was with a crowbar just lifted the engine enough to slide it out, and that was that. Nothing fancy.

/ Deutz Motor Mount Rubber Donut #4  
Oil will destroy rubber very quickly. Especially, import rubber. I think I would use urethane or spring mounts if they are constantly in an oil bath.