Deutz won't start - video and any thoughts?

/ Deutz won't start - video and any thoughts? #1  

woodlandfarms

Tractor
PowerTrac 1850, Kubota RTV x900
So this is posted in the PT section as well, but the story is as follows.

Parked my machine a weekago. Temps dropped into the teens. Went to start it and this is my result

Deutz won't run - YouTube

I did get it to catch on the day, but it ran just like this and did not improve as it warmed up.

Things I have done so far

Checked the timing, it is supposedly good but still suspect. - Deutz is very difficult to time (I do have the pins but there is some clarity none of the manuals or videos cover).
Removed and cleaned and tested all injectors
Replaced fuel and fuel lines, back blew fuel tank.
Replaced all filters
Replaced fuel lift pump.

Now I am returning to my start. I was due for a timing belt replacement so I am going to just go ahead and do that. As well, I will check the valves and adjust. After that I am left with replacing a head gasket and starting the whole process over again.

My neighbor is a diesel mechanic, he is stumped. Deutz dealership is stumped (Too great of a distance to take to them at this point).

/ Deutz won't start - video and any thoughts? #2  
It sure looks like timing to me.. lots of white smoke..
Have you taken the valve cover off yet??
Film the injection pump portion of the engine..
HOW did you clean and check the injectors?? you may have done more harm than good if not done properly..
Do you have a pop tester to check the opening pressure, spray pattern and leak down??

/ Deutz won't start - video and any thoughts?
Valve cover is not off yet and has not yet come off in any of the work so far.

The deutz is an odd engine. Belt driven timing. There is a lift pump (mechanical) to 4 seperate high pressure pumps (Mechanical) that feed each injector. Injectors were taken to Deutz and they ran it in their testor. The only cleaning was exterior. The injectors sprayed correctly.

What has thrown all of us is that I used the pins to check timing and from my test the timing was good. But now as I speak with more people it may not be as the alignment with the crank shaft doesn''t make a ton of sense.

Also, deutz is an interference engine. The valves, and the pistons, are basically set up to survive a belt brake, and the rods are designed to let go.

/ Deutz won't start - video and any thoughts?
So I wanted to link the hopeful conclusion to this situation. due to poor skills on my part, my first inclination was the right inclincaiton, the timing belt had moved. My problem was bad / incomplete instructions, so I moved on, and it cost me a few hundred in uneccary parts and 3 days of my life and a lot of angst. But I am now a lot smarter about Deutz. A lot smarter.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/power-trac/374101-deutz-not-running-well-3.html#post4664286