Oil & Fuel Did a Stupid Thing... Dropped nozzle in Gas Tank

/ Did a Stupid Thing... Dropped nozzle in Gas Tank #1  

whitmerlegacyfarm

Silver Member
Tractor
2010 Kioti DK50SE HST w/ 401 Loader
Ok guys i did a really stupid thing while being in a hurry to get some hay made w/ my DK50. I dropped(came apart) the end nozzle to the fuel canister into my fuel tank on my Dk50 HST. I cannot fish it out, it went the whole way to the bottom. Any ideas of how to get it out or if i have to pull the whole tank off and how hard would that be? It's about 3" long and 1" in diameter. Would it be safe to run the tractor w/ it in there? I have hay on the ground that i need to get baled today so i was hoping to squeeze by. Im thinking it's ok in there for now, but i don't know my options for getting it out and don't wana pay the dealership to tear it apart.

/ Did a Stupid Thing... Dropped nozzle in Gas Tank #2  
This has happened to a number of folks on TBN. It should be no problem to run with it in the tank. As a note, I have one of those yellow end caps floating around in my Ferris tank. It just kind of "swam" by my vision when I filled the tank last week. I have no idea when it got in there as it must have been done by my son or neighbor who uses the mower occasionally. I have all the caps on my Gas/Diesel cans, so it wasn't done here.

/ Did a Stupid Thing... Dropped nozzle in Gas Tank #3  
Ok guys i did a really stupid thing while being in a hurry to get some hay made w/ my DK50. I dropped(came apart) the end nozzle to the fuel canister into my fuel tank on my Dk50 HST. I cannot fish it out, it went the whole way to the bottom. Any ideas of how to get it out or if i have to pull the whole tank off and how hard would that be? It's about 3" long and 1" in diameter. Would it be safe to run the tractor w/ it in there? I have hay on the ground that i need to get baled today so i was hoping to squeeze by. Im thinking it's ok in there for now, but i don't know my options for getting it out and don't wana pay the dealership to tear it apart.

Keep on baleing. They don't seem to cause much trouble, as reported on here. You can get one of those claw devices to fish it out someday, or just not worry about it.

James K0UA

/ Did a Stupid Thing... Dropped nozzle in Gas Tank #4  

Is the part metal or plastic? If metal, try a magnet on the end of a flex rod. If plastic, keep running until almost empty and use a pincher on the end of a flex rod to get it out. Keep driving for now. Ken Sweet

/ Did a Stupid Thing... Dropped nozzle in Gas Tank #5  
Is the part metal or plastic? If metal, try a magnet on the end of a flex rod. If plastic, keep running until almost empty and use a pincher on the end of a flex rod to get it out. Keep driving for now. Ken Sweet

ditto!

/ Did a Stupid Thing... Dropped nozzle in Gas Tank #6  
this keeps up someone will make a tool just fo fishing these out.

/ Did a Stupid Thing... Dropped nozzle in Gas Tank #7  
I have a nozzle floating around in the BX's tank. No harm done so far...

/ Did a Stupid Thing... Dropped nozzle in Gas Tank #8  
Pretty much in agreement with everyone else; dropped a couple in ours over time, but managed to get them out. I messed up the sending unit on an ATV trying to fish one out and it cost me a bundle. We finally just went to a above ground tank; before that started using a funnel with a screen.

/ Did a Stupid Thing... Dropped nozzle in Gas Tank #9  
Happened to me on my first fill up, it's been in there for 11 months now without a problem. Every once in a while I try looking for it when the tank is low, but no luck so far. IMHO disregard and continue to march.