Diesel additives for winter

/ Diesel additives for winter #1  

nebraskasparks

Gold Member
Tractor
2010 Kubota L5740 HST and JD X734
Any suggestions for the better diesel additives going into winter?

/ Diesel additives for winter #2  
White bottle of power service or howes will work. They will staert winter blends soon in your part of the world.

/ Diesel additives for winter #3  
I've used power service in white bottle for years here.Available at your local Wally's or autozone. Of course, we don't get as cold. But Fuel will still Gel, then? Strong light bulb on the fuel filter is the next fix, but not very fast.:laughing: jy

/ Diesel additives for winter #4  
If you have winter blend diesel, should be ok. But if you use any, use power service(not 911). read the label, a little goes a long ways. Might use it at the beginning of season. Change fuel filters every time you change oil. No substitute for clean fliters, especially in winter.

/ Diesel additives for winter
Found the power service additive...like the instructions say...it doesn't take much. I'll have to call the depot here and ask if they are blending for winter now. Thanks.

/ Diesel additives for winter #6  
Keep in mind, Diesel additives are usually made for big rigs. Meaning usually a qt is for 100 gal tanks.

/ Diesel additives for winter #7  
1*If you have winter blend diesel, should be ok. But if you use any, use power service.
2*Might use it at the beginning of season.
3*Change fuel filters every time you change oil.
1*I use PS 12 months per year.
2*Like I said all year round for me.
3*Filters don't need changed that frequently ?

Found the power service additive...like the instructions say...
4*it doesn't take much.
5*I'll have to call the depot here and ask if they are blending for winter now. Thanks.

4*I dump a ouart of power service in the 55 gallon drum each time i get it filled and i never get it filled unless it's completely empty .
5*I never concern myself with this around here .
My manual says use winter blend at temperatures of 14 degrees or less.
I can't ever recall ii getting down to 14 degrees anytime last winter .

White bottle of power service or howes will work.
6*They will soon start winter blend soon in your part of the world.
6* see # 5

Keep in mind,
7* Diesel additives are usually made for big rigs.
Meaning usually a qt is for 100 gal tanks.
7*Don't matter what they are made for the ratio of ounces per gallon is the same.