Diesel usage in GC1705 for what it's worth

/ Diesel usage in GC1705 for what it's worth #1  

sewells1951

Tractor
Massey Ferguson GC1705
I've got a few hours on my new tractor now and it seems to be using a little bit less than a gallon of diesel for each hour of operation at PTO 540 indicated RPMs. I was hoping for a little better than that but it may improve as the engine gets broken in. Has anyone else had similar or differing experience with the GC1705 in terms of diesel consumption?

Used the little tractor to pull a large hanger limb from a box elder this past weekend. I'd tried to pull the hanger down previously using my Ford Ranger truck (it represented a potential falling danger for my horses) and the truck did nothing but spin. d I'm happy to say the little tractor pulled it down quite easily and it was a really large hanger that had been partially broken off during a wind storm. Same storm had taken out one of my apple trees and the little tractor pulled the stump right out of the ground too. So, so far, I'm happy with the traction and power of the tractor with turf tires. Did have to use the 4 wheel drive and low range though for the downed apple tree.

/ Diesel usage in GC1705 for what it's worth #2  
That does sound a bit high. My Kubota B26 burns about half a gallon per hour or less when using the backhoe at 2000-2100 RPM (PTO speed is 2500)

/ Diesel usage in GC1705 for what it's worth #3  
I usually get 10-12 hours on a tank at that rpm.