Differences between Mon 3040 and Farmtrac 300DTC?

/ Differences between Mon 3040 and Farmtrac 300DTC? #1  

VTHartford

I am looking at these two tractors. They are essentially the same minus the loader. Are there any other differences I should know about?

Bill

/ Differences between Mon 3040 and Farmtrac 300DTC? #2  
Nope, exact same tractor minus the loaders. Just depends on which one you think looks better and how the dealers treat you. I believe they both carry the same warranty. Not sure what Montana's financing is right now but on the FarmTrac you can get 0% for 48 months. Good luck.

/ Differences between Mon 3040 and Farmtrac 300DTC? #3  
Hello Guys,

Right now Farmtrac has what is probably a little better financing with 48mo @ 0% with Montana being 30mo @ 0% however I think the Montana loader (if the new one) is preferrable from what I have seen. Check both dealers out, look at the price, operate the loaders and then choose your color. In either case you will be happy, I am sure.

Good Luck,
Maka

/ Differences between Mon 3040 and Farmtrac 300DTC?
Do you guys think it is worth the extra $2000 or so to go up to the 3840 or the FT 360DTC? Is the extra power too much for the tractor? Am I more likely to beak things or will that extra power be useful?

Bill

/ Differences between Mon 3040 and Farmtrac 300DTC? #5  
It will depend on what you intend to use the tractor for. The extra HP won't hurt the tractor if it's used right. Well.........I know people that can destroy anything so I'll say that with caution but it's a well designed tractor.

If you are using the PTO for uses where some more power would be good, I'd say go 38 but both should do fine with loader work, etc.

Ken